Which team will win Super Bowl XLII?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLII?

• Poll closed .

GlassJaw

Hero
The question is who will win, not who you want to win. As well as the Giants have played, picking again the Pats is not very wise.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I picked Pats:

1) Giants have a decent D, but their O is entirely dependent upon whether Eli plays like the experienced QB he really is or the frustrated rookie he sometimes still emulates.

2) Weather will probably not be a factor. Gaps in the Giants' secondary that Favre couldn't hit due to weather effects will NOT be missed by Brady.

3) Faulk and Maroney will not be held to 29 yards rushing.

4) The Giants finished 17th in the league in points/game, behind the Colts, Bolts, Jaguars and Cowboys, teams already beaten by the Pats. The Pats finished 4th. In comparison, the Pats O set a record for points in a year, while the Giants struggled finish 14th...13.5 pts/game behind the Pats. That's a gap equal to about 58% of the points the Giants scored per game.

Do the Giants have a chance? Of course- they have a good rush, and if Eli hits Toomer and Burress like he did today, it may be a sprint.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
GlassJaw said:
The question is who will win, not who you want to win. As well as the Giants have played, picking again the Pats is not very wise.

Well if money is involved, yeah. :D

But since I don't gamble, screw the Pats! I want to see them crying in their beers and chowdah in Beantown, if only because the Pats thought they needed to cheat against the friggin' Jets. The friggin' Jets, people! ;) :D

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
jaerdaph said:
But since I don't gamble, screw the Pats! I want to see them crying in their beers and chowdah in Beantown
You know, buddy, I can ban you. :lol:

, if only because the Pats thought they needed to cheat against the friggin' Jets. The friggin' Jets, people! ;) :D
Don't take it personally. I imagine Belichik would have cheated against anyone. The Jets merely noticed.

Remove ads