Peregrinations of the Shard

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Is it okay to do it without constant contact with the crystal? If so, Ironwolf should give specific instructions to the crystal now.

Ironwolf gives his psicrystal the following instructions:

1) Stay up amongst the leaves of the taller trees, avoiding contact with everyone and everything.

2) If challenged or attacked from the ground, ascend even further so at to gain total concealment from the forest canopy.

3) Contact me telepathically if you see anything of interest or if you have any reason to believe you are in danger.

4) Be sure to note any buildings or clearings you find.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That seems to be missing some points that would be pretty important--one that immediately come to mind: Does it enter the buildings or clearings? If so and the building has many rooms, how far does it go?)

Patlin

Explorer
If it finds a clearing, it should try to ascertain whether there is a building in it, but it should not enter any buildings or clearings.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I think it would be interesting for teh crystal to enter the shrine and report what there is in it. If he can come back with enough infomration that we don't even need to go back there, it would be perfect. But it's true there might be some risk to enter the shrine.

Erekose13

Explorer
"How fast can your crystal move? Would invisibility that lasted only 8 minutes be of any use?" offers Tenebrynn as what little he can suggest to help the little thing along.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
"How fast can your crystal move? Would invisibility that lasted only 8 minutes be of any use?" offers Tenebrynn as what little he can suggest to help the little thing along.

"Oh, it can fly a little more than twice as fast as a man in heavy armor, a little less than twice as fast as an unarmored man. I'm asking it not to try and get into the shrine, as that'd up the risk substantially. It's gotten caught once before on one of these little scouting missions, and I had to go to it's rescue. Since I'd prefer not to kill these Elves, I'd rather that wasn't necessary."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Can this crystal be picked up by detect magic-like effects? I'm afraid my familiarity with this kind of power is lacking." Ashnar says after some silence on her part. "If not, casting spells on it might make it easier to detect."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The crystal moves out of sight and eventually out of contact with Ironwolf. After a while, it returns:*

'There was a clearing with a building in it. Elves are guarding the building,' it points out, 'If you weren't so stubborn all the time, I could have checked further. Then again, if I get captured, I don't know what you would do without me, so I decided not to this time.'

Remove ads