Peregrinations of the Shard

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Nice try, Rinaldo diSenzio, but as a delegate for Orussus and a Knight of Monemvassia, we can only consider your actions to be premeditated by both nations and thus a declaration of war. We know of the power of your silver tongue as a weapon, so don't even try it."

(OOC: They seem like they will attack before Rinaldo can have the full minute to get a regular Diplomacy check)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Gentileman, please!" Vanitri calls as he dismounts and steps forward, arms outstretched to show he is unarmed.

"I'm sorry if you feel we impose, we simply seek a quick path to our destination, far beyond your boarders. We seek nothing from you but to pass though, nor have any hostile intent," Vanitri says.

Erekose13

Explorer
"When did the Silverwood close its boarders and jump to such hostilities?" asks Tenebrynn. With the elves already aware of their names and presumably their intentions he has no doubt that the representative from Rivenblight has sent information ahead of them. The fact that they were so easily found is astounding, perhaps more that strictly information was released. An indirect route will be necessary as this one will only lead to confrontation that must be avoided. Tenebrynn remains quite for the most part though, letting his friend's silver tongue try to win them passage.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Gentileman, please!" Vanitri calls as he dismounts and steps forward, arms outstretched to show he is unarmed.

"I'm sorry if you feel we impose, we simply seek a quick path to our destination, far beyond your boarders. We seek nothing from you but to pass though, nor have any hostile intent," Vanitri says.
"The Silverwood is our domain. This is a holy site of the elves. Leave now. No beating around the bush; I don't want to hear more of your lies. And if you try to sneak past, particularly after you just lied about where you were heading, know that you will cause a major diplomatic incident. And we will know. So please leave peacefully. All that the people of Rivenblight want is peace after what seems an eternity of conflict. Do not make this any harder than it is."

*If someone tries to talk again instead of leaving, the captain glares and draws his sword, followed by the other elves drawing weapons.*

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo turns around and climb back on his mount. As he do that. "Sadly, war will surely come to Rivenblight, in a form you cannot phantom and we just want to stop it. We are leaving, but I hope we are not making a mistake by following the wish of your leaders."

Rinaldo turns his horse. "Come on, we have nothing to do here anymore." And Rinaldo leads the group away. After ten minutes of ride on his phantom steed, he stops.

"Why such stubborness? Why they don't want to cooperate. We need to find that shard, but starting a war between Rivenblight and the other nation is something we can't have actually. And we are not masters of dissimulation, but elves are reknown for there awarness, skill of scouting and there magic."

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf turns away, prefering not to fight the elves.

"What's the best route that excludes the Silverwood?" He asks of Rinaldo and the others.

If the group attempts to use the speed of the phantom steeds to simply rush passed the elves, Ironwolf is ready to follow, but he will not suggest this. After all, perhaps this section of the Silverwood is a holy sight. He wouldn't want to despoil a holy sight... but next time, he won't be as willing to stop for a chat, either. Let them call out their demands as he speeds along at the phantom steeds top speed.

Velmont

First Post
"None. The shard is inside the Silverwood. If we had them on our side, it would have been easier to find the shrine, but they have received strict order. They even knew who would come and what are our skills, and that really bother me most. And going to meet there leader is impossible, we won't be able to approach him without getting an arrow in the chest. And I can't use my influence to get a diplomatic immunity for that mission, Sage Aliaster Thiliaerin is too stubborn." Tells Rinaldo

"I can speak with him from here?" replies Hogarth

"What?"

"I have... ready a Sending spell."

"Might be an idea. It will force him to listen to you. But I doubt it will go much good. A sending is pretty limited, and the captain seems too zealous."

Patlin

Explorer
"If the sending doesn't work, I guess we'll wind up playing catch-me-if-you-can with some elves. Not to my taste, but our mission is too important to be disuaded from. Do you think the elves were dominated in some way?"

ooc: I believe Ironwolf's Sense motive check is +4 untrained.

Erekose13

Explorer
"We could head back to the academy and see if anyone would be able to provide us with Teleportation scrolls and accurate directions." offers Tenebrynn once they stop again.

Velmont

First Post
"Accurate direction. If they would have been able to do so, they would have given us... and if someone can do this, it is you, Tenebrynn. You are the best diviner I know, and the only one we have actually.

If we need to contact the Order, we can use Hogarth's sending spell."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases