Peregrinations of the Shard

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar listens closely to the plans of the group.
"It seems the 'psicrystal' may be the best solution for now. It is small enough that it could escape detection even from guards in the shrine. Fareye could fly in a circle over the woods to scout a bit, but that may attract attention, and he shouldn't fly close to the shrine in any event."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Yes, but the shard is not supposed to be in the shrine)
OOC: Yeah, that explains my confusion. I thought we were simply passing though, or else Vanitri wouldn't have intentionaly lied. Oh well.

"I can try to go myself, indetected, to see what I can find, but I think the crystal is certaintly a safer option for now." Vanitri says.

Velmont

First Post
"Let's try the psicrystal. It is our best bet. They must know us pretty well, but as it is the first time we work with Ironwolf, they might not be as informed on his skills as ours." answers Rinaldo

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
"Let's try the psicrystal. It is our best bet. They must know us pretty well, but as it is the first time we work with Ironwolf, they might not be as informed on his skills as ours." answers Rinaldo
(OOC: While it does take a very very long time for a sneaky PC to overcome the psicrystal's +12 Size bonus to Hide, Vanitri is one of the few (perhaps the only?) in LEW who has done so, particularly thanks to Horizon Walker giving him a +4 bonus. With +20 to Hide, Vanitri is actually less likely to be spotted)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Yes, but I'm also a known target, so more vulnerable to location/scrying magic. And that's mostly in case I ever decide to take some Shadow Dancer.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Ok, let's say, we send Vanitri.

A) He approach on a phamtom steed, both of him and teh steed inviisble, to go at the point where we stop.

B) There, he conitnue on feet and hiding in the forest.

C) He is covered by a Nondetection spell, that will gives him 8 hours of scrying protection.

D) Hogarth casts a Status on Vanitri, so the group can monitor his progess.

E) Hogarth could cast Imbue with Spell ability on Vanitri, so he can have three spells levels to cast in case of trouble (Silence and Obscuring Mist maybe)

How does that sounds?

Velmont

First Post
OOC:

F) If something goes wrong, we dismiss the Nondetection spell and we cast Scry to see what is happening.

G) Vanitri could also take Rinaldo's hat so Vanitri can disguise himself as an elf, so if he get caught, he might be able to get his way out of that situation somehow without getting a diplomatic incident.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: spells needing casting:
Invisibility x2 - Tenebrynn's got one memorized right now
Nondetection - Tenebrynn can cast ME to get this one in 10 minutes
Status - Hogarth does not have this memorized
Imbue With Spell Ability - Hogarth does not have this memorized
Scry - Tenebrynn has this one ready
Silence - do we want to cast this on Vanitri up front or let him cast it when necessary?

Velmont

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooc: spells needing casting:
Invisibility x2 - Tenebrynn's got one memorized right now
Nondetection - Tenebrynn can cast ME to get this one in 10 minutes
Status - Hogarth does not have this memorized
Imbue With Spell Ability - Hogarth does not have this memorized
Scry - Tenebrynn has this one ready
Silence - do we want to cast this on Vanitri up front or let him cast it when necessary?

Yeah, Hogarth is not ready, so it would mean to wait a night for that. I would gives the Silence spell with imbue With Spell abilitY, but we could cast it also right on him to prevent his steed to make any noise while he move at full speed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases