Peregrinations of the Shard

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: While it does take a very very long time for a sneaky PC to overcome the psicrystal's +12 Size bonus to Hide, Vanitri is one of the few (perhaps the only?) in LEW who has done so, particularly thanks to Horizon Walker giving him a +4 bonus. With +20 to Hide, Vanitri is actually less likely to be spotted)

ooc: Let's not foget the advantages of flying, though. Those on the ground will probably receive a penalty on their spot checks due to range, and if all else fails the construct can simply rise higher and gain total concealment from the forest canopy. Vanitri is certainly a better scout than the construct, but the consequences of Vanitri being discovered are substantially higher than the consequences if the construct botches the job.

I don't think this is on the table, but if Vanitri does want to go, Ironwolf will ask him to carry the construct so that the group can remain in telepathic contact with the scout.

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
I would leave the call to Bront, but I think it is more interesting to see Vanitri doing the job.

ooc: Agreed, it's up to Bront. However, if the psicrystal (an npc) does it we could severely limit the on-screen time used, and move on to a group activity... which would be more fun, imo.

Velmont

First Post
You got a good point here, Patlin. For group activity, I think teh psicrystal would be a good choice. And In character, it would allow the group to not waste a night.

Knight Otu

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Let's not foget the advantages of flying, though.
(Also, stealthier or not, the psicrystal is smaller. That can be a disadvantage and an advantage for the crystal. It could potentially take paths that a humanoid couldn't (easily) take without magic.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Alright then. Trouble is, the elves stopped the group more than a mile away from the shrine (not that much more, but more). Is it okay to do it without constant contact with the crystal? If so, Ironwolf should give specific instructions to the crystal now.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases