Tempest Fugit

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan replies

"It would seem that you wish to hear a story of this place?...Perhaps it's name...There is a tale of a beautiful Djinni woman who fell in love with a mortal man of the desert. Their romance was...a beautiful thing, at first. She disguised herself as a mortal woman, and they were to be married. But on their wedding night, atop a high tor overlooking a sweeping sunset...she revealed herself to him in full, and he was torn apart in the winds..."

"They say her grief bound her to this place...that rock formation is known for unusually high rainfall, the tears of that tragic lady of the air...At least, so they say."

"Fascinating. It is legends like that that make every place I travel unique."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, it is so. The question, of course, remains as to whether there is even a shred of truth to be found amidst such fanciful tales...Most that my eyes have set upon consider it a foolish fancy."

orsal

LEW Judge
"Yes, it is so. The question, of course, remains as to whether there is even a shred of truth to be found amidst such fanciful tales...Most that my eyes have set upon consider it a foolish fancy."

"And yet, if this spot does know rainfall uncharacteristic to these lands, then there is that much truth in the tale. Whether the legend describes the true origins of that anomaly, or it arose from some desertfolk's attempt to explain the mysterious, or some poet's wish to imbue a geographical oddity with a romantic character, does not change that essential fact."

Nurlan pauses, then adds a little more reflection. "Although I suppose to most travellers, the fact of the oasis is much more important than its origin. It is not so with the legends and rumours of necromantic cults. If they do persist in secret operations, then all would do well to be advised of that danger. On the other hand, whether the explanation for this oasis is romantic or prosaic does not really affect its essential character."

OOC: If this line doesn't yield any rumours, then I'm prepared to move on. I don't know if any of the others have anything more they'd like to play out at this stop.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Due to my pause from LEW (see the GD thread) I have agreed with RA that it is best that I withdraw Little Talbin from this adventure. His participation has been minimal until this point so I doubt it will have much of an impact. Have fun all and good luck!

orsal

LEW Judge
... which prompts a question about the future of the game.

Since the first week of June, only two players, plus the DM, have posted at all -- and those only sporadically, usually after long waits. Is this game worth continuing? Do any PCs other than Tor and Nurlan have players still following this thread?

Patlin

Explorer
... which prompts a question about the future of the game.

Since the first week of June, only two players, plus the DM, have posted at all -- and those only sporadically, usually after long waits. Is this game worth continuing? Do any PCs other than Tor and Nurlan have players still following this thread?

ooc: Even though I've tried to post for Tor, this scene really doesn't offer him much. Perhaps others have avoided posting because this is (at least in my mind) very clearly a bard/dm scene? If you want to close up this game, that's OK with me. I want to cut back on my play by post commitments a bit, and through the lense of 4th edition Banion and Tor are becoming less and less interesting to me as characters. Either one would be orders of magnitude more interesting with encounter and daily powers.

Dungannon

First Post
Umm, yeah, it wouldn't bother me if this game went bye-bye. I've had too many other things going on to concentrate on LEW the past couple months.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If so many people want to call it quits, especially with my new dating stuff, I have less time, so I don't mind. I'll give you guys some time XP and grab some GM credits for what we've done so far and bid you farewell back to Orussus. The Tempest Shard shall remain hidden or perhaps fall to the Cultists. Everyone okay with that?)

orsal

LEW Judge
(OOC: If so many people want to call it quits, especially with my new dating stuff, I have less time, so I don't mind. I'll give you guys some time XP and grab some GM credits for what we've done so far and bid you farewell back to Orussus. The Tempest Shard shall remain hidden or perhaps fall to the Cultists. Everyone okay with that?)

I think we can suppose that we travelled around the area, but couldn't get any leads on where to look, and eventually concluded that we were never going to find it.

Remove ads