Tempest Fugit

Creamsteak

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Unfortunately, though the shards vary in size, the long side would be about a foot or two at most. Still, when you think about putting them all together, that's one enormous gem."

"Honestly, I wasn't paying any attention to the storytelling. That's not really my business. I made my last employer wet himself when I asked him a few simple questions. Either way, let's hurry up and do everything we can to find this rock. I'll put my best efforts forth in findin' it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Creamsteak said:
"Honestly, I wasn't paying any attention to the storytelling. That's not really my business. I made my last employer wet himself when I asked him a few simple questions. Either way, let's hurry up and do everything we can to find this rock. I'll put my best efforts forth in findin' it."
"If you are all set, then I will take my leave and go help the next group," Rayne offers.

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan

"This is going to be quite a challenge! The long journey to the Badlands will be the easy part. The mystery of finding the shard will be much harder, and we will have to discuss among ourselves how to go about it. One more question, Rayne. Do you know what the shard looks like? If we are not sure where to look, will we at least be able to recognize it when we have found it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is a large phylactery fragment, a massive gem swirling with tempestuous air elemental energies, but I would say that the shard's immunity to Divinations may be the best way to identify it. If you have a good candidate and you test a Divination spell on it and it fails, then it is probably the shard."

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
"It is a large phylactery fragment, a massive gem swirling with tempestuous air elemental energies, but I would say that the shard's immunity to Divinations may be the best way to identify it. If you have a good candidate and you test a Divination spell on it and it fails, then it is probably the shard."

"Hmmm... clever. Almayce, I trust you would have no difficulty finding a suitable divination magic to use? Anyway, thanks for your help."

Nurlan has no further questions for Rayne. If anyone else does, ask now. If not, we'll move to planning amongst ourselves.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin chips in on the discussion: "So we know something like.. a very general area where the shard could be found. Are there any known settlements, tribes or something like that in that area? Maybe they know more about it or have some old wives tale about the shard. Also, I think we should take good care to protect ourselves from the weather. I think it can get pretty rough with big winds, storms maybe aeven hurricanes!
Also we seriously need to think about food.
" and Talbin pauses a few seconds as if to stress the importance of that particular subject " Personally, for travels, I just take some trail rations with me but on a jouerney as long as this something more tasty would be nice. Speaking of that, do we have any idea how long we will be traveling to these lands?" Then talbin trails back to the subject of food and starts suggesting a seemingly endless list of meals and recipes.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor looks around the assembled group, trying to decide how best he can help by using his mount spell.

Talbin is allready mounted, albeit only on a mule. The others do not seem to be, and Tor is faster on his feet than any of the others. In fact, he could carry a heavier load and still keep up if the group remains on foot.

"Do we intend to remain mostly on foot? Also, does anyone have one of those magic bag things to help carry all of the supplies we might need?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan

Patlin said:
Tor looks around the assembled group, trying to decide how best he can help by using his mount spell.

Talbin is allready mounted, albeit only on a mule. The others do not seem to be, and Tor is faster on his feet than any of the others. In fact, he could carry a heavier load and still keep up if the group remains on foot.

"Do we intend to remain mostly on foot? Also, does anyone have one of those magic bag things to help carry all of the supplies we might need?"

"I left my horse back in Orussus. We figured out it would be too slow to ride here. We should be able to buy horses for the trip. Unless we stop by Orussus on the way, in which case I'd be happy to pick up Lordy. It's going to be a very long trip, so we should be travelling mounted."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You may want to look at methods of faster transportation as well, in hopes of not losing the race to the cultists. Does anyone in this group have level 3 spells?)

Remove ads