Tempest Fugit

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sure thing. And yes, Jules can be assumed to be focused any time she is awake at the start of a fight

So, what is the flight plan? Another group did this Phantom Steed thing, for instance, and they tended to stay about 40 feet up so they wouldn't die from a fall. How would you like to run it?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She tries. The +1 Caster Level magic item she wears is a big help though. Any other thoughts or actions to take before we leave. I ask sharply here because in one of my other games, a level 7-8ish character who wants to be in melee with enemies forgot to spend like 6000 Gold on anything, and now he's left with 15 (13 in Rage) AC and a penchant to drop from Power Attack. Don't let this happen to you!)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Tor very much resembled that description, but he did indeed spend essentially all of his cash to address it. While 17/15 isn't a heck of a lot better than 15/13, there's not a heck of a lot he can do about it with his <40 gp.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aye. And at Tor's level, that AC is perfectly reasonable. At Zack's, though, 15/13 is simply deadly. In Terra, I figured that having the stupid monster full Power Attack would make it easier and show off the monster's stupidity, and further I figured that rolling a 4 would mean that it certainly missed, but not against AC 15...This is a mook encounter that happened overnight, and once the rest of the party woke up, they pretty much killed it in one and a half rounds, but it dropped Zack to -6 before that happened)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Ouch. Zack had a long stretch without access to merchants, but I was pretty sure I handed out good amounts of treasure. Hopefully, when he does spend that money he can bring himself up to par. I think I'll go peek at the state of his equipment. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Ouch. Zack had a long stretch without access to merchants, but I was pretty sure I handed out good amounts of treasure. Hopefully, when he does spend that money he can bring himself up to par. I think I'll go peek at the state of his equipment. ;)
(OOC: He sort of rode into an icy wilderness with no merchants before it came up ;) :(

Anyway, lest this happen to anyone here, I'll wait for a few more people to check in with the OK, then set this to high gear)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Seems like Zack needs to invest in a suit of +1 Full Plate Armor. With his Dex of 10, that'd go a long way towards correcting his AC, and it's certainly within his budget.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: That's a no-no for Barbarians, no?)

ooc: It would eliminate the fast movement benefit, but he's a fighter/barbarian. He's got the proficiency, and with a dex of 10 I think he needs the heavy armor. If he has any other Barbarian abilities which won't work in heavy armor, I don't know what they might be.

Remove ads