The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: This is the thread for the Sylvan Shard. In a fun twist, Rae ArdGaoth is GMing the bulk of this adventure, not me. I will run this beginning part which will be brief, and that's it. Rae, I don't know if you want me to run the NPC representative--I'll do it to save you the effort of having to worry about her every round if you like. More to come from me, then Rae)

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar, M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC: 11, HP: 16/16, PP: 17/17)

Saithnar is present and accounted for. After enduring the long council in near silence, the red haired Elan man is satisfied to see that his skills shall be needed in the recovery of one of the shards. He awaits further details of the mission while also wondering about the other members of his team. Who will they be and what will their thoughts hold? Only time would tell, it seems.
[sblock=Powers available]1st: Astral Construct (from Expanded Knowledge feat), Charm(psionic), Energy Ray, Inertial Armor, Mindlink, Mind Thrust
2nd: Concussion Blast, Read Thoughts
Power Points per day: 17PP (2 from race, +11 from class, +4 Int)
Saving Throw DC: 13 + the power's level

*Activated Repletion racial ability last night, so has no need for food or water for 24 hours.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The elf girl asks everyone in the Sylvan Shard group to meet together.*

"Hello everyone. I am Thallirae Iryllas. Together, I hope, we shall recover the Sylvan Shard. I am sure that when we return it to Rivenblight in following with Mr. Xanthar's plan, Sage Thiliaerin shall be forced to admit that this effort is taken on behalf of the greater good and that the organisers are not agents of the Lichwyrm. Does anyone have any supplies they wish to gather before they set off? The Daryne Housemistress offered to give us further information, but I figured we don't need to talk to her--we can check with some friends of mine that watch over the Wyrwood, and I'll bet they will know where we need to go."

Dungannon

First Post
"Greetings Thallirae. My name is Lucien Rayes, a simple woodsman and hunter of the undead." Lucien offers his hand in greeting.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Thallirae nods and looks around at her group. Then glances again more quickly back and forth.*

"How ironic. Two ha...of my...half-brethren. Well, we're lucky it isn't Sage Thiliaerin in charge of this mission," she laughs nervously, "I, uh, I hope you aren't too bitter at Rivenblight because of his harsh words. He has seen great personal sorrow in a very related matter. A human man took away the Sage's beloved and let her die. Like all of his, he is a just a man, and subject to man's foibles and passions."

Heckler

First Post
A wild looking red haired half elf woman speaks up. "I am Rinya Starflower. Formerly of the Grugach. Tribe of the Fox. I track things down and kill them," she says succinctly.

Rystil Arden said:
*Thallirae nods and looks around at her group. Then glances again more quickly back and forth.*

"How ironic. Two ha...of my...half-brethren. Well, we're lucky it isn't Sage Thiliaerin in charge of this mission," she laughs nervously, "I, uh, I hope you aren't too bitter at Rivenblight because of his harsh words. He has seen great personal sorrow in a very related matter. A human man took away the Sage's beloved and let her die. Like all of his, he is a just a man, and subject to man's foibles and passions."
"I have no quarrel with Rivenblight. But many of us, *cough*I mean, many people have suffered great personal sorrow. That is no excuse for his behavior."

"I think we should wait and see what this other person has to say before leaving."

ooc: Wand of CLW charges remaining: 35

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna takes a look around. She is a young young human woman with red hair and deep green eyes.
"Seems like the sylvans are attracting lots of us red-heads," she says with a chuckle. "And unless one of you can conjure food, I think we might want to stock up on rations."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Do we not have a Cleric?" the lavender-haired elf looks around, "No, I guess we don't. That's probably because Mr. diSenzio from Orussus didn't think much of the Rivenblight delegation...I apologise and take full responsibility for how it might affect any of you. So many redheads...yes, you are correct. I will tell you a story. A number of years back, a young man with red hair stumbled into Rivenblight. He seemed slightly demented, actually. He was captured and seemed surprised at the ruins of Old Rivenblight, as if he has never heard of the great cataclysm that befell the city. In fact, all of his knowledge of history and the layout of nations was dated by thousands of years. He seemed...somehow dangerous. During all the time he was questioned, which was weeks, holding him out for food and water had no effect, as he did not seem to need them. When we finally ascertained that he was of no threat, we released him. He claimed that he would find his lost power and remember the treatment he was given. It was very striking red hair. It did not look like the hair on our...half-elf...friend...Rinya," she gives a friendly smile, "But it was an exact match for his," she points at Saithnar, "And fairly close to yours, Ms...?" she questions, as Tumna has not introduced herself.

"No matter. It is an odd tale, and of no importance to our coming search."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar, M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC: 11, HP: 16/16, PP: 17/17)

"Greetings to you, Thallirae Iryllas, and also to you Lucien Rayes, Rinya Starflower, and Tumna." Saithnar says while beginning to massage his right temple. As the red haired human woman drew closer, he felt some kind of mental feedback cascading between them. Almost an endless echo of his thoughts and perhaps some of hers (of hers...of hers...). Must get control of this quickly or this expedition will be hindered (hindered....). There! That seems to have just about gotten it. He turns a wondering eye to the girl to see if she shows any sign of having felt what he did...

"I also have no quarrel with Rivenblight as a whole. Holding the country responsible for the Sage's actions and words would be as bad as him holding all half-elves responsible for his sorrows. I agree with Tumna that we should provision ourselves more before leaving. Are we not also waiting on another member or two of our group?" Saithnar asks.
Thallirae said:
"I will tell you a story. A number of years back, a young man with red hair stumbled into Rivenblight. He seemed slightly demented, actually. He was captured and seemed surprised at the ruins of Old Rivenblight, as if he has never heard of the great cataclysm that befell the city. In fact, all of his knowledge of history and the layout of nations was dated by thousands of years. He seemed...somehow dangerous. During all the time he was questioned, which was weeks, holding him out for food and water had no effect, as he did not seem to need them. When we finally ascertained that he was of no threat, we released him. He claimed that he would find his lost power and remember the treatment he was given. It was very striking red hair. It did not look like the hair on our...half-elf...friend...Rinya," she gives a friendly smile, "But it was an exact match for his," she points at Saithnar
"A very interesting tale to me. Do you, by chance know what the name of this man was Thallirae?" Saithnar asks her.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Khairi at last finds his group. Feeling a bit like a young boy searching for his trainer on the practice fields for the first time, not having a clue where to begin.
He looks young an untested although seems confident in his abilities with his scimitar - which does not have a scratch, nick or any sign of use...although neither does his armor, or other weapons.

Greetings everyone I am Khairi ai Baheder, swordsman of Sairundan.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases