The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Just squirrel or something, I'm sure" Tumna answers. However, scanning the trees, she spots one spidery creature. "Ick, spiders... almost as bad as rats."
Tumna's eyes narrow and there is an audible slap near the monster she can see. She then moves so that he has the big sword between herself and the creature.

OoC: Mind Thrust (3d10=14), Will DC 15 negates damage. 14/17PP left.

Initiative (1d20+2=13)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC @ Medium Armour] I'm pretty sure Endurance, not MAO, lets you sleep in Medium Armour. A cursory glance at the feat description seems to support this, though I may be being stupid [/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Surprise Round:

Rinya shouts, stands, and draws her weapon, moving to the center of the camp.

Tumna thrusts her mind at the creature she sees, but she is repelled.

Round 1:

Initiative:
Khairi Bahedar
E2
Saithnar
Richard Rawen
Rinya Starflower
Lucien Rayes
Tumna Lakeside
E1
Thallirae

[sblock=Just Awakened PCs: ]You jolt awake as Rinya's shouts blast your eardrums. What's this all about? Ah, there, in the trees, some 60' above you, are two creepy looking creatures, humanoid but with spider-like faces and horrible hands. They're climbing on some webbing that you're pretty sure wasn't there when you settled in for the night. They look like they're about to pounce on you.[/sblock]

Khairi hops up and draws his scimitar.

Saithnar gets up and draws his weapon. (NPC'd, this is adjustable if Phoenix posts relatively soon)

Richard is up, sword in hand.

Rinya... (...delays?)

Lucien is up, weapons in hand.

Tumna...

[sblock=OOC to Richard: ]I think Rystil is correct, I don't see anything about sleeping in armor in MAO. Honest mistake, I'm sure. I'll let you decide: Either Richard slept in no armor armor tonight, or he's wearing medium armor and is fatigued.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOG to Rystil: ]Sorry, I still don't have the stats on Thallirae. Have you made that yet? Should I make my own sheet for her?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar, M Elan Psion/Telepath 3 (AC: 15, HP: 16/16, PP: 17/17)

Saithnar stands and throws back his hood when the alarm is called out. Almost instantly, a field of shimmering force envelops him and protects him. Moments later, he concentrates and pulls some of the abundant moisture out of the air to form an icy beam which shoots at the nearest of the creatures from Saithnar's outstretched finger.

R1: Stand and activate Inertial Armor, spending 1 PP (16 PP remaining).

R2: Aim and fire an Energy Ray at nearest creature. Augmented for an extra die of damage, spending 2 PP (14 PP remaining). Cold Energy Ray at nearest creature (1d20+2=9, 2d6+2=12)

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=OOC @ Medium Armour] I'm pretty sure Endurance, not MAO, lets you sleep in Medium Armour. A cursory glance at the feat description seems to support this, though I may be being stupid [/SBLOCK]
[sblock=stupid]I'd love to claim lack of sleep, sickness, and the fact that I just adjusted a PC's status for the ENDURANCE feat... (Not MOA)... I'll just take 'stupid' and call it good :( lol :eek: Thanks for the catch.[/sblock]
Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC to Richard: ]I think Rystil is correct, I don't see anything about sleeping in armor in MAO. Honest mistake, I'm sure. I'll let you decide: Either Richard slept in no armor armor tonight, or he's wearing medium armor and is fatigued.[/sblock]
[sblock=Decision]Well, Fatigued is a bearcat... I don't see us getting 8 hrs of uninterrupted rest, so sleeping in his leathers 'twill be *sigh*
Shoving excuses aside, it looks like all those fancy extra feats that Fighters get will be necessary feats if Richard can live long enough to reap them! (END, next level of MOA, and IRON WILL are all on my 'must have next list' followed closely by... ah, nm *sigh* lol ... thanks for the catch, my mistake!
Just for grins, I believe his 'unarmored' AC, which is in base leathers, at least adventuring, should be:
Leather +2 Armor AC, Dex 13 +1 Dodge AC, Med Shield (once he grabs it) +2 Shield AC
So, AC 13, 15 w/shield. This is how I figure things, given that armor is in layers, and all metal armors are resting on a Leather base, which should not encumber or cause trouble sleeping? If my assumptions are wrong, please let me know, Thanks![/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOG to Rae]Yeah, I've been super-busy and I admit I hate making those sheets too--I can store it all in my head, but writing it out takes a lot of time. I think I gave you an SBLOCK containing her combat-relevant info somewhere back there, right?

EDIT: Found it at Post 122--

HP 22, AC 21 (14 touch, 17 ff), Attacks (in order of preference, subtract 2d6 if no Sneak Attack): Shocking Grasp +6 melee touch 6d6, Longbow +6 ranged 1d8-1+2d6, Rapier +6 melee 1d6-1+2d6, Sap (as Rapier, but nonlethal), Saves Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +4

I can give a quick bit more--stats are Str 8 (10 - 2 racial), Dex 16 (14 + 2 racial), Con 12 (14 - 2 racial), Int 20 (18 + 2 racial), Wis 10, Cha 10.

For skills, she basically has all the big Rogue ones maxed out (other than pure thievery based skills like Sleight of Hand, Open Lock, etc--she has stealth, perception, tumble, and information handling/control skills instead) thanks to excellent Int and 3 levels of Rogue, including level 1 (78 points worth of Rogue skills, so that's to the tune of 11 maxed-out skills and 1 rank in something to let it be trained so she can use it, but I think it was instead a similar combination--if I have time some time, I can write them all out). The big issue for her is that she has only 7 points worth of Wizard class skills, and she spent those on 5 Concentration and 1 Spellcraft and Know Arcana so she can use the latter two trained. If she levels from XP during the adventure, her next level is Wizard, with 4 in Knowledge Arcana (and thus a Spellcraft synergy) and 3 in Concentration.

Feats are Weapon Finesse and Practised Spellcaster.

Anything else needed mechanically?

As far as backstory, etc, I'll e-mail that to you if you want. People might be reading these OOG SBLOCKs and I dislike revealing backstory.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads