The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Dalamar

Adventurer
"That sounds like a plan to me, then," Tumna says with a cheery smile.
[sblock=Mindlink]"Oh, you're a mind master too! What else can you do?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar leaves the group with Tumna to go and purchase the wand. While they walk, he continues their conversation.
[sblock=Mindlink]'A mental master? Perhaps not a master yet, but an avid student indeed. I believe this is why there was a resonance between us when we became near one another. As for my abilities, I can obviously communicate mentally like we are doing now. I can also use my mental energies to attack another (Mind Thrust), to Charm them into being more friendly (Charm Person), or to forcibly read their thoughts (Read Thoughts). I have also been able to shape my mental energies to provide protective armor for myself (Inertial Armor), to blast enemies with physically (Concussion Blast), to create rays of various energies which damage foes(Energy Ray), and even to shape my mental energy into a consruct which can fight for me (Astral Construct).'

'What about your powers? And how did you gain your abilities?'
Saithnar asks Tumna.[/sblock]
OOC: I've deducted 375 GP from my character sheet for my half of the wand which leaves 2 party members indebted to Saithnar for 125 gp each. Whoever wants to carry/use the wand can add it to their character sheet I guess.

Dalamar

Adventurer
[sblock=Mindlink]"I was thinking more along the lines of mastering other people's minds, but I guess your way of thinking is fine too. My abilities are quite similar, though I lack the ability to create significant physical manifestations; protective armor and a slick layer of ectoplasm are the extent of my abilities on that field. And so far I haven't been able to get inside anyone's head without them giving me permission, but I'm working on that.
I first manifested the abilities when I was in a bit of a pinch and really wanted it to end up well. Suddenly the big orc was much more friendly. Took me a couple of days to realise why he seemed to have mood swings."[/sblock]

OoC: 375 deducted from Tumna's cash as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Once everyone is ready with their supplies, Thallirae addresses her assembled companions:*

"Excellent, it's time to set off. If our tip is correct and a great Druid sealed away a Shard within the Wyrwood, then my cousin Nharai might know the details. I have not seen her in almost a century, but we used to be close back when we were younger. I understand she became a monk at the Wyrwood Monastery. If Nharai doesn't know anything, I'm sure that her brethren must include at least someone who knows this secret--it just doesn't make sense that they would be out of the loop. Of course, they may not release their information to us immediately, especially if it is considered secret knowledge of their order."

"If everyone's ready, let's go."

*Thallirae leads the group off towards the Wyrwood.*

(OOC: Rae, whenever you're ready you can take over. I can't remember how far the Wyrwood is from Medibaria, but I thought it was pretty close. If it is unreasonable for the group to walk, they can probably buy horses)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=Mindlink]'Hmmm...interesting. I can see how that would be strange and confusing. My powers were...given to me when I was changed by others. I know not why. Even more strange is that I am able to use my mental energies to heal myself or even to remove my need to eat and drink, just like the strange man in Thallirae's story.'

'Now that we have the wand though, I suppose we ought to rejoin the rest of the group and see if they are ready to leave now. It has been very enjoyable conversing with you mentally like this. I have not had the pleasure of unfettered mental communication with another before. I thank you for the opportunity.'
[/sblock] Saithnar walks with his staff clicking on the ground every other step, and a rare smile graces his lips as they walk back to join the group.

BigB

First Post
Khairi makes one more check over his gear to ensure all is in place and secure and then begin the trek along with the others.

Dalamar

Adventurer
[sblock=Mindlink]"You bet it was confusing. Still, everything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger."[/sblock]
"And we're off! Off to the wonderful woods of Wyr."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases