The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard pulls a vial from his belt and slugs it down, the fluid brings him back from the brink, but not by much. Gritting his teeth, he moves forward, back towards the battle, grabbing another to gulp down before he rejoins the fight.
[sblock=crunch: ]Drink potion of Cure Light Wounds for 6 hit points (Moving current to 7), then 5' Move to D9. I apologize for my absence, work suddenly became overwhelming and gaming took a back seat. I'll try to be more current. Thanks for your patience.[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
Thallirae frowns as she sees the zombie is still standing, she resolutely begins to charge up for another blast of electricity... hoping to keep the foul beast from bringing Rinya down again.[sblock=ooc ]Again, sorry for my absence, I'll try to keep up with posts from now on.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Saithnar moves to Rinya's side and dribbles a potion into her mouth. She sputters to consciousness as the magical liquid has its effect. Saithnar then backs away to let Richard back into the fight. (NPC'd Saithnar to move to D10)

Round 6:

Rinya crawls away from the roots and stands up weakly, pulling a potion from her pack.

Tumna fires another one into the torso of the undead humanoid, but it basically ignores her. (1 damage to U2)

Khairi's blades hack bits of flesh away from the undead creature, reducing parts of its body to bone, fetid muscle, and sinew. (13 damage to U2)

Richard downs his potion and draws another as he moves closer to the combat.

Thallirae charges her electricity, taking advantage of the opening that Khairi created by distracting the creature. The roots, however, whip out at her feet as she flutters her eyes in concentration. They slap at her thighs and calves, shredding them with sharp barbs. (4 + 8 (crit) damage to Thallirae). The elf clenches her fists as lightning escapes her grasp, but she cannot hold on to the energy, and she gasps as she grabs her legs in agony. (Thallirae lost her spell)

(OOC: I'm pretty sure Thallirae is out of spells now. She'll use her rapier. Rapier +6 melee (1d6-1+2d6snk) Sneak attack doesn't apply against these enemies.)

Thallirae is suddenly the target of every enemy. The other group of living roots approaches, and in tandem with each other, both impossible "creatures" strike and cut Thallirae with their barbed "tentacles". The poor elf falls under the vicious onslaught, and her beautiful face is lacerated a dozen times as she is ripped limb from limb by the roots. (7 + 8 + 6 damage to Thallirae. Thallirae is dead.)

The last standing humanoid creature punches and kicks at Khairi. He manages to fend off the rather weak flurry of blows.

Saithnar...

Initiative:
Rinya Starflower , 2 HP
Tumna Lakeside
Khairi Bahedar
Richard Rawen , 7 HP
Thallirae , -11/22 HP, dead
Roots? 1 , 0 damage sustained
Roots? 2 , 0 damage sustained
Undead Body 1 , 53 damage sustained, fallen
Undead Body 2 , 27 damage sustained
Undead Body 3 , 54 damage sustained, fallen
Saithnar , 16/16 HP

Attachments

• roots-int_chamber.jpg
    roots-int_chamber.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Rinya drinks the potion she pulled from her pack, healing her for 9. (Current HP=11).

She'll then move to square D8. (Which, not coincidentally, is where she dropped the CLW Wand.)

Rage round 5 of 6

Richard Rawen

First Post
The poor elf falls under the vicious onslaught, and her beautiful face is lacerated a dozen times as she is ripped limb from limb by the roots. (7 + 8 + 6 damage to Thallirae. Thallirae is dead.)
"CRAP!"
Richard watches the Elf get flanked and remembers how much pain those roots can cause... thinking he can save her, even as she is falling, he is horrified to see the carnage unleashed by the mindless roots. Powerless to help, his course of action is still clear to him, he cannot go into battle with those ... things ... while he is so weak.
"Fall back from the roots!" the young fighter thinks urgently, swigging the healing potion and tugging on Tumna's sleeve, "Trade places with me," he thinks more deliberately.
[sblock=ooc: ]Richard is too distracted to notice, but he got max on his CLW potion roll: +9 to 16 Hit Points puts him back into the fight, at least as much as he can hope for. Hey, at least it's double digits!
Richard would like to make his 5' move to E9, swapping places with Tumna if that's ok?[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Don't have access to a map, apologies.

Saithnar... (It's pretty pivotal right now, I'd rather not NPC another PC if I don't have to.)

Rinya heals and moves.

Richard heals and swaps places with Tumna.

Tumna uses her crossbow now. She fires at the undead creature. Her bolt goes right through the creature's arm, severing another tendon. (7 damage to U2)

Khairi's attack is also successful, but even though he slices through the creature's neck, it doesn't seem to hurt it overly much. (7 damage to U2 [immune to crits, sorry])

The roots closes to Richard advance, coming close to the wall again. In some tangled, gross looking process, tendrils pierce the chamber's side and pulsate as though drinking. Poison again drips from the tips of the roots. Richard, seeing the danger, heightens his awareness and dodges every slapping tentacle that comes at him.

The other roots, still detached from the wall, attack Khairi, getting one good smack at his face. (Hits AC 18, 8 damage to Khairi)

The last undead creature also punches and kicks Khairi. He again gets hit in the face. (Hits AC 16, 6 damage to Khairi)

(Khairi is at 7/21 HP)
(U2 has sustained 42 damage)
(Map is not updated, but ?1 is one square SW, Rinya moved, and Richard/Tumna switched places)

Saithnar... (Saithnar now has two actions pending, this one and the one for the previous round.)

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard, seeing the roots apparently gaining strength, tries to remain calm yet get the urgency across in his thoughts...
'We're getting flanked, the roots are replenishing from the walls, we need to Fall Back Now! Rin, Khari, drop back behind me, I'll cover ya, Tumna and Saithnar, Move Back before we lose another life!'

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases