The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Heckler

First Post
BigB said:
Khairi will take any shift, as a fighter doesn't really matter. He will spend his shift frantically looking about as so many trees cast shadows and make him uncomfortable (being from the dessert and all). How can you live in so enclosed a space?
"Funny, I would have asked that question when we were back in the city. Out here, everything is as it should be," Rinya muses in response to Khairi's comment.

ooc: Since nobody else seems to care, Rinya will call dibs on first shift. She'll enjoy staying up and getting back in touch with nature.

BigB

First Post
Heckler said:
"Funny, I would have asked that question when we were back in the city. Out here, everything is as it should be," Rinya muses in response to Khairi's comment.

Cities are are few in Sairundan, but we do have them; whereas Trees are something different, in the dessert we can see for miles.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: So we have:

1st: Rinya, Tumna
2nd: Khairi, Saithnar
3rd: Richard, Thallirae
4th: Lucien, Thallirae

On the second watch, Khairi and Saithnar both hear something rustling in the reeds near the river. Though it could just be an animal, the two watchers perk up and listen closely.

(Saithnar can act here, if he so desires.)

Khairi suddenly feels a tingle in his head, like someone just poked his mind. The tingle goes away immediately.

(Khairi can act here, if he so desires.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) (AC: 15, HP: 16/16, PP: 16/17)

Just in case, Saithnar pulls some of his mental energy into place around him to provide armor should it be needed. It appears as if a sheen of clear water surrounds him, distorting his image here and there before settling into place and staying still except for the ripples when he moves. (Activate Inertial Armor power, spending 1PP)

"Did you hear that, Khairi?" Saithnar asks the fighter while peering into the darkness intently.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Just in case, Saithnar pulls some of his mental energy into place around him to provide armor should it be needed. It appears as if a sheen of clear water surrounds him, distorting his image here and there before settling into place and staying still except for the ripples when he moves. (Activate Inertial Armor power, spending 1PP)

"Did you hear that, Khairi?" Saithnar asks the fighter while peering into the darkness intently.

"I heard something and it felt like something reached in my head and poked me. Never felt that before." Khairi will ready his scimitar and short sword.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"It was not me poking in your brain...as far as I know at least. Strange that you should feel a mental intrusion that I do not. Unless my mind is just better protected... Should we wake any others? Or move forward to check the are the sound came from?" Saithnar asks Khairi while holding tight to his walking staff.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As you talk, Saithnar suddenly feels a tingle in his brain. The tingle is short and otherwise has no effect.

OOC: Will you wake the others? Also, sorry it took so long to respond; I think my subscriptions are messed up.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"It was not me poking in your brain...as far as I know at least. Strange that you should feel a mental intrusion that I do not. Unless my mind is just better protected... Should we wake any others? Or move forward to check the are the sound came from?" Saithnar asks Khairi while holding tight to his walking staff.

I think we should wake the others and then check out the area. Khairi responds a bit nervously.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I agree." Saithnar says quietly as he begins silently shaking the sleepers awake and explaining in hushed tones the situation. After that, he prepares to search the are with the others, starting with the direction they heard the sound from.

Remove ads