The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Saithnar: ]Your awareness slips into the minds of the fey in front of you. In the lead female fey's mind, you hear nothing, as though she were blocking you. The fey to her left and right, however, are weaker, and you can hear them thinking to themselves:

1: Ha, stupid things, they don't even know they're being magicked!

2: I wonder if we can convince them to give us their things now...[/sblock]

"It's not a long way at all, sir half-blood. My home is just behind us." Nonetheless, the sprites look a little uncomfortable being on land.

"The forest is full of dangerous creatures like ourselves, and they won't be as nice as we are. You'd best give up this folly." The other river fey nod their agreement.

[sblock=Richard: ]You know, she's right. This is kind of foolish. Some crazy half-elf lady told you to go into the woods, and now you are. And why? Because of a fairy-tale that she couldn't back up with any sort of convincing proof. This little green girl talks a lot of sense.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC:15, HP: 16, PP: 13/17)

"My friends, beware! They are attempting to subvert our minds. That is why we felt a tickle in our heads. That was their attempt to gain influence over us. If you are suddenly finding yourself believing everything these creatures say, then it is because they have charmed you with their magicks. I have scanned the thoughts of two of them and heard them wondering if they can now talk us into giving up our money and gear as well." Saithnar shouts a warning to the others before binding his mental energies around him to form armor to protect him.

OOC: Activate Intertial Armor power for 1 PP.
For when it's needed: Initiative (1d20+1=14) because I'm gonna start blasting next round... :)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Tsch! Should've known to never trust a greenskin..."
Tumna raises her dagger again in a ready pose, though she doesn't yet do anything, hoping against all odds that the pixies will just leave now that their ruse has been exposed.
If they do turn hostile, though, she will manifest a green-tinted sheen of ectoplasm under the group.

OoC: Tumna readies to manifest Psionic Grease under the pixies if they attack, save DC is 14.

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien watches the actions of his companions with a mixed sense of dread and humor. Before it gets out of hand he steps toward the nixies. "We do not wish a confrontation with you, but one will happen if this current course continues. Release my friends from your magic and let us talk. If you really want us gone from your domain, the best way to do that is to help us accomplish our goal. The sooner we do that the sooner we can leave you in peace."

Lucien turns and looks at everyone on both sides as he continues. "Threats are NOT necessary here, nor is subterfuge. Let us both speak clearly of our desired goals and see how we can have cooperation, not confrontation."

ooc: Diplomacy +2, if necessary

Richard Rawen

First Post
OOC: My apologies for my absence/delay, had to go out of state...

Richard is obviously torn. One of his best friends is siding with what seems like obvious good sense, but she just spoke gobligook ... 'could she be adled?' Then again, the group's wizards are talking about magic and such... and that makes the Fighter Very uncomfortable, especially with his head getting all tingly.
He rests his large hand on the hilt of his sheathed sword as he steps to Rinya's side, glancing at Lucien, then back to the others to gauge their reactions to his words.
Finally he speaks up, "I have to agree with Rinya, we have no need to be here."

BigB

First Post
Khairi steps to Rinya and Richards side. We have trespassed where we are not welcome and endangered these beings. We will do what we can to help them.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The lead pixie girl stares at Lucien. After a long silence, she says, "Friend, we have everybody's best interests in mind. Dangerous things lurk in the Wyrwood of late. Dangerous, but necessary. If you enter, you endanger yourselves, and you endanger our master's cause."

One of the other fey adds, "Yeah, filthy half-blood!"

[sblock=Rinya: ]Hey, that wasn't very nice of your new friend at all. You're a half-elf, too. Maybe these fey are not as nice as they first seemed. In fact, you're not sure why you thought that in the first place.

OOC: You're released from the charm person now.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
Rinya shakes her head briefly before continuing. She stares hard at Saithnar, "The fey are adamant in their position. I believe we have but one course of action left open to us." She quickly winks.

She continues speaking, this time in Sylvan:
[sblock=Sylvan]Who is our Master, little one? And what is his cause? [/sblock]

She then turns and, drawing her sword, charges one of the pixies.

ooc:After some thought I'd like to change my action. I figured the longer we stand around talking the more of us will get charmed.

Draw greatsword, enter rage. If possible, charge a pixie. Order of preference 1) Lead Pixie 2) the one that shouted "filthy halfblood" 3) my "new friend" 4) any other. If charge is not possible, move and attack in the same order. Am willing to provoke AoO from Richard and Khairi to do so.

Rage stats: STR 18, CON 16, Attack +7(+9 charging), Damage 2d6+6, AC 15(13 charging), HP 36 of 30, FORT +8, WILL +3

INIT=10 (rolled in post 85)

Full PA Attack +4, Damage 2d6+12; attack=11(13 if charging), damage=23

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases