Undine the Sea

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Babette will shell out 225 gp, covering herself, Krindorf and Corvinus. Krindorf and Corvinus can repay me out of their share of treasure at a later time. Everyone else is paying their own way. Any objections? If not, let's move on.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group gathers the gold, and Alicia pays the captain the lump sum.*

"Yar har! Ye won't regret this one lassie. Ye be hirin' the best ship and crew this side of the Rainbow Vortex. Yar me hearties--prepare to set sail for the Dolphin Wench's place!"

*The group boards the ship, which manages to stay reasonably sturdy despite its hodgepodge appearance. The ship's crew look like stereotypical pirates, sea dogs, and the like, not unlike extras from the crew of the Black Pearl in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.*

"Avast ye scurvy dogs! Full speed ahead!"

*The ship does prove to be rather quick for its seeming protruding bulk, though not quite as fast as the captain boasted it to be, unsurprisingly. Still, the journey is quick and safe. The worst they have to deal with is the unbearable stench of some of the crew, their yellowed and missing teeth chewing black tabac and spitting it on the deck, the raucous yelling/singing of bawdy sea shanties, the incessant lewd jokes and hitting on Alicia and Babette from several of the men, the strange one-eyed quartermaster giving the evil eye with his one good eye to any of the female party members and muttering something about bad luck, and the clumsy failed attempts at pickpocketing from the otherwise-relatively-excellent ship's cook, a halfling named Short John Copper. Well, that and the seasickness for some of them, probably Krindorf most of all, a fact about which the sailors all laughed and joked raucously.*

*Before long, they have reached the island where the temple sits.*

"See, just as I promised, eh mates? So now, how ye be plannin' on leavin' here, lassies? There shan't be many a ship coming back again right soon, but, for additional coin, we could take ye back, savvy?" the captain

Voda Vosa

First Post
After cleaning his breakfast from his beard, Krindorf ran out of the ship as fast as it touched land. "Ah heat Water!" *Grumble* "...sea... pirates... " *grumbles* "... corn..." he grumbles

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Do we know if we'll need a ship to get from the temple to the merfolk? Unless someone has an objection, Babette will bid the good captain farewell:

"Well, captain, we don't know exactly how long we'll be out here. I'd hate to keep you and your crew idle. Besides, I don't think we have the coin to keep you on retainer."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group heads further onto the island, following the small quaint path of stones and seashells leading to the temple, which turns out to be built upon a cliff growing out of a small coral reef that encircles the island. Those with knowledge of religion know that this is the main temple of Galatea in the world, at least among humans and other surface-dwellers, and it is readily evident from the grandeur of the architecture, seemingly organically grown out of the coral from the bottom, with swirling spires, playfully wavy lines, waterspouts and fountains blowing water of various colours, hugging around the curves of the temple's facade to create a small rainbow. Surrounding the temple proper is a fountain garden with beautifully sculpted statues of dolphins and mermaids and stranger undersea creatures, as well as elves, humans, nymphs, and other surface-dwelling creatures beloved of Galatea.*

*An elven acolyte of Galatea tends the waters just outside the main temple, and she glances upwards when she notices the group's approach.*

Remove ads