Undine the Sea

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Welcome back, Heckler. The connection problems are fairly widespread, and have hit RA pretty hard, so we haven't done much recently. Honestly, I don't know where this game stands. I'm losing patience with the constant delays and pauses, especially knowing that Halford has a low level adventure approved and waiting to go, but there are no characters in the RDI.

Ximix

First Post
OOC:
Welcome back Heckler!
I've no idea what's what with the game. Ximix is ready to go, we've tenatively decided to go plane-shifting, which sounds pretty incredible.
I keep coming back, usually once a day, to see if we've gotten going... However, as Covaithe mentions, there is an adventure ready to go at the RDI :-(
Then again I submitted Ximix for level-up approval about two weeks ago - to all the judges - and have no response to date :(

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Awesome, I'm glad Babette is back with us! Connection problems are not your fault. Feel free to take the amount of XP I gave to Jallembo for Babette. Also, Ximix, it's weird that you've got no approvals, but I think at this point, let's just move onward without them. They've taken way too long. Now that I'm back from Gencon, I'll be making an update today or tomorrow, whenever I get a good chance. Time to get moving!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Eventually, the priestesses gather the smaller subgroup that will be sent to the planes, what with Nura gone. They prepare each of the adventurers with a spell of Water Breathing and then the High Priestess performs a Plane Shift, holding a strange tuning fork in order to bring herself in contact with the Plane of Water. A strange bubble grows up and envelops the group, and then the world shimmers and melts away. When their vision clears, they find themselves in the middle of an endless sea of clear blue water. Far in the distance, they can see a large city of spires and exotic structures surrounded by a crystalline glass dome. Thanks to Water Breathing they are safe, at least for the moment.*

covaithe

Explorer
Corvinus gapes, eyes wide at the watery, uh, waterscape laid out before him. He starts to open his mouth to exclaim in amazement, thinks better of it, squeezes his lips together, holding his breath. After a few moments, he realizes the priestess is breathing normally, and with a great mental effort, forces himself to take a shaky breath and start swimming towards the dome.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix is doing something the group has rarely seen, not at all lately: Smiling.
The grin plastered to his normally austere countenance is full of childish wonder with a hint of awe... is that a tear in his eye or... well how could you tell?

The Elf begins moving towards the city with the group, taking broad strokes and enjoying the weightless boyancy, thankful he had the foresight to seal his scrolls and spell components in a sack offered by the priesthood.*

*OOC: I'm being assumptive here and will gladly pay for said sack... since I did not actually think of it till just now... Then again Ximix is the one with the 16 Wisdom and lifetime of familiarity with spells, scrolls and the associated paraphenalia!

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alicia is willing to put anything that might get ruined by the water in her Handy Haversack.*

*As Ximix takes in the watery environs surrounding him, his race's attuned nature allows him to sense innately that this is far more than just an endless ocean. The eddying currents carry with them a powerful infusion of elemental energy, and the water is pure and full of raw and untapped mystical potential.*

*Having bid farewell to the High Priestess, who will return to find them in a week plus any transit time if her Plane Shift should be off target, the group continues onward. Swimming onward through the water seems unusually easy, though the distance between the group and the city barely seems to decrease at all. Even by the end of the day, they have not reached the City of Glass. Thankfully, the use of powerful spells and metamagic will allow the group's Water Breathing effect to last through the night and into some of the next day, but there could be a concern even so, since distance is so hard to judge in this place.*

covaithe

Explorer
"We'd best press on, if we can," sighs Corvinus. He speaks tentatively, not sure if his words will be intelligible or just come out as a confusion of bubbles. He flexes his arms, trying to gauge his stamina and wondering if his more bookish companions will be able to keep going.

Heckler

First Post
"Yes, we should press on if we can," Babette agrees. "I wonder if night falls in this place," she muses, glancing "skyward."

ooc1: Babette is leveled up and submitted for 4th. She is now a trained diplomat and has some changes to her spells. Can we use these now even if we aren't approved?

ooc2: Babette has a lot of stuff she doesn't want to get wet. For simplicity's sake, can we say she puts everything except weapons into Alicia's Haversack?

ooc3: Can I get the Cliffs notes version of what we're doing here? Looking for Gillyweed or some such thing?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases