Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Okay everyone, let's have a meeting to discuss our next move. Court Mage Xanthar said he had some ideas, and we can talk to Housemistress Liore as well when they're available, but it looks like they're pretty busy right now. So let's floor all talk of sensitive subjects until we have those two available and go get a nice lunch together at the tavern to meet and learn about each other and discuss our strengths and weaknesses. Come on guys, my treat."

*Alicia makes an appointment to meet later with Xanthar and Rayne, then takes the others out to a nice restaurant.*

"Okay, I'll start. My name is Alicia Thalask. I'm from Hendrallia. I'm afraid I'm not much of a fighter, and I can't use any magic worth mentioning, but I can try to help organise the team and keep our spirits up, and I hope to do the best I can to ensure our success. Not only is this mission crucial to our safety, but the honour of the nation of Hendrallia rests on our success. I know it might not mean as much to you, but my nation's honour means the world to me. I hope we can do Hendrallia proud, and each of your homelands as well. How about each of you introduce yourself in order? I'm looking forward to meeting you all," she looks at everyone in the eyes as she speaks. Those with keen eyes might notice her lip quivering just slightly as she addresses Nura and Ximix, but if so, it is barely noticable.

Heckler

First Post
A young human woman with a pleasant smile and wearing simple clothing speaks next. "Hi, everyone, I'm Babette Delacroix. I don't care about any of the politics or name-calling that's been going on, I just want to help make the world a safer place. I grew up on a farm outside of Orussus, though it doesn't sound like any of my farmhand abilities will come in handy. I can also do a little bit of magic. Nothing terribly impressive right now, but I'm hoping that'll change."

Amaury

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Okay, I'll start. My name is Alicia Thalask. I'm from Hendrallia. I'm afraid I'm not much of a fighter, and I can't use any magic worth mentioning, but I can try to help organise the team and keep our spirits up, and I hope to do the best I can to ensure our success. Not only is this mission crucial to our safety, but the honour of the nation of Hendrallia rests on our success. I know it might not mean as much to you, but my nation's honour means the world to me. I hope we can do Hendrallia proud, and each of your homelands as well. How about each of you introduce yourself in order? I'm looking forward to meeting you all," she looks at everyone in the eyes as she speaks. Those with keen eyes might notice her lip quivering just slightly as she addresses Nura and Ximix, but if so, it is barely noticable.

OOC: what do we know about Hendrallia with a DC10?

Jallembo listens to Alicia and nods when she offers the round. But then her speech
doesn't seem to produce much enthusiasm.
what?? "make Hendralia proud??" Pff.. Another of these stupid ready-to-die-
for-my-country type! that's a good start!..
he thinks.

Jallembo produces a dry smile: "Yeah, well I don't know Hendralia, and quite frankly,
I'm not here to defend it.. but I don't want Orussus to be ran over by undeads or
burnt to the ground by a dragon, if these creatures ever existed..
As to myself, I am not a great fighter but I can surprise a few. I'd say I'm not bad at
scouting and can facilitate infiltration.. What worries me here, is that this Shard seems to be
close to some water.. I hope it's not under it, like in the middle of a lake as I'm
useless as a swimmer.."

Jallembo is a human in his mid-twenties. His green eyes contrast sharply with his hazel hair.
He wears a dark blue vest with dark red collar and cuffs, and black loose trousers held by a
pair of black leather mid-height boots. A dark grey cape made of a heavy fabric covers
his shoulders.
A fine rapier can be seen hanging on his side accompanied by a dagger on the other hip.
A dark brown leather belt carries this weaponry.
On his back rests a rather full backpack and a shortbow and quiver.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I didn't tell Jace this in the other thread because I figured he could sweet-talk Frump into letting him back in, and he did, but I'm going to be nice and give you a preemptive warning here just to help. I mentioned several times previously that there will be no compensation. That still holds. Alicia, though friendly, is idealistic unlike Frump. If you ask for money (as above) or let on you are doing this for money, she will kick you out without looking back (for several reasons, but mostly because anyone who is doing this for money could obviously be bought by the other side for a sufficiently greater sum). I know you haven't read everything to catch up, so I'll just say that Jallembo would probably have been able to figure this out about Alicia by her words and actions, so I'll give you a chance to amend his statements according to his instincts on her.

As for Hendrallia, I'll roll you a Knowledge Geography and Know Nob&Roy untrained and see how you do--okay

[SBLOCK=Jallembo's Knowledge on Hendrallia]Hendrallia is a northern nation known for its strong expansionist policy.[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Krindorf is tha' name, Ah'm here fer glory, fer treasure! If Ah' can cut some throats in tha' way, much better HA! Tha' honor thin's are not fer me, not a bi' human city lover anyway. But, it seems like a great mission, ma' clans name will be remembered, if we succeed." the Dwarf says, smiling broadly, his cheeks are quite reddish, probably due to alcohol, since he is not that red haired dwarf type. His blond beard and hair, have many braids. "Oh Ah' forgot, count me fer scouting, and skirmishing." Krindorf adds, his clear eyes, blazing with adventure hunger.

Dargon

First Post
A small Emerald eyed and feeble looking lady with silver hair falling down to her hips she is dressed in an orange robe. She has a friendly and smiling attitude.
"I am Nura Emzotel, alchemist and spell collector living in Orussus. As Babette I know a little bit of magic. I am here because the world as we know it might be in danger and I am not going to sit idly and wait for the destruction to hit us unlike an other unnamed elf. As for glory it would be nice but I am ready to forgo that if that is what’s needed to do what is right."
There is no doubt that she looks foreard to give a hand in saving the world

KN on Hendrallia both trained
nobility and royalty: 19
Geography: 26

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Nura's Knowledge]Hendrallia is a strongly expansionist kingdom situated north of Medibaria and east of Silverwood. Though the rulers of Hendrallia are almost insatiably greedy for land and power, many of the common people and lower echelon nobility are substantially less avaricious. Hundreds of years ago, Hendrallia attempted to annex Medibaria, since the former Empire has never been extremely strong since its fall. They attacked with significantly superior forces, but their assault was completely demolished by the Medibarians. Also, Hendrallia's conflict with Rivenblight has been ongoing since the city's founding united the elven kingdoms and made Hendrallia's incursions into the Silverwood for lumber that much more difficult.[/SBLOCK]

"Alright, well met, Babette, Jallembo, and Krindorf," Alicia smiles at each of them, "Nura...I am glad you do not share the opinion of your superior. I know what it is like to have some disagreements with the politics of the high players. My people are not known for our love of the elves, but I'm glad you're one of the good ones."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases