Undine the Sea

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I'm out of town and away from the internet for a week starting tomorrow. I'll check in again at least once more before heading out. Corvinus will follow along with what the group decides, glowering at priestesses.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo had remained quiet and did not intervene in the conversation, letting Babette do the talking. He thought that the priests' discussion was a logical repeat of the grand meeting with their employers and that different opinions were normal.

He worried a bit that Babette say too much in particular with that openly-opposed priestress Astraia who he thought would not hesitate to betray them at the first opportunity.

He follows the group back to their room and lets the bundle available for examination.

To Corvinius he says in a firm tone: "I am not sure why you speak like that. I find it rather.. foolish.. These priestresses can do what they want of us.. Basic survival instinct should overcome your pride.. You are giving arguments to our enemies.. Please learn to bend a bit as we will again face this sort of situation and I certainly don't want to finished hanged because you let your temper flare up! ok? Now we let's all take a rest and examine that bundle of Hers... "

covaithe

Explorer
Jallembo said:
"I am not sure why you speak like that. I find it rather.. foolish.. These priestresses can do what they want of us.. Basic survival instinct should overcome your pride.. You are giving arguments to our enemies.. Please learn to bend a bit as we will again face this sort of situation and I certainly don't want to finished hanged because you let your temper flare up! ok? Now we let's all take a rest and examine that bundle of Hers... "

Corvinus whirls, fists balled and teeth clenched. "You find it foolish to speak up for the truth? To point out to these scatterbrained so-called priestesses that they are twisting words and bending truths like some nine-for-a-silver back-alley lawyer? They claim to serve goodness, yet they attack the innocent without provocation or remorse. They claim to be purveyors of truth, yet they cling to lies like their mothers' skirts. When presented with reason, they scorn it as rudeness. Rudeness! After attacking, robbing, and imprisoning us on their own doorstep, they have the bloody cheek to accuse us of rudeness! Whether they cling to their lies because they are too lazy to think for themselves, or out of wounded pride that we should have the stones to question their pronouncements, or perhaps out of some more sinister motive, I do not care. Do you hear me? I do not care. I left Monemvassia because I could no longer 'bend a bit' when I saw liars growing fat on the labor of honest men. I somehow lost the ability to 'overcome my pride' when murderers walked free for a handful of coin, or a word in the right ear, or simple cowardice on the part of honest men. I set out to see a better world than that, where a man can stand up and be what he is, and say what he means, and what do I find? Here in what is supposed to be one of the holiest places in the Enworld they're no better than the crooked judges in the slums of Monemvassia! They're worse! At least with the judges you have to pay them before they will close their eyes to the truth. No, I'm done bowing and scraping to these useless puddleheads, and if you're afraid a little plain speech will get you hanged, well, maybe you should go to Monemvassia. Or become a priestess."

Ximix

First Post
covaithe said:
Corvinus whirls, fists balled and teeth clenched. "You find it foolish to speak up for the truth? To point out to these scatterbrained so-called priestesses that they are twisting words and bending truths like some nine-for-a-silver back-alley lawyer? They claim to serve goodness, yet they attack the innocent without provocation or remorse. They claim to be purveyors of truth, yet they cling to lies like their mothers' skirts. When presented with reason, they scorn it as rudeness. Rudeness! After attacking, robbing, and imprisoning us on their own doorstep, they have the bloody cheek to accuse us of rudeness! Whether they cling to their lies because they are too lazy to think for themselves, or out of wounded pride that we should have the stones to question their pronouncements, or perhaps out of some more sinister motive, I do not care. Do you hear me? I do not care. I left Monemvassia because I could no longer 'bend a bit' when I saw liars growing fat on the labor of honest men. I somehow lost the ability to 'overcome my pride' when murderers walked free for a handful of coin, or a word in the right ear, or simple cowardice on the part of honest men. I set out to see a better world than that, where a man can stand up and be what he is, and say what he means, and what do I find? Here in what is supposed to be one of the holiest places in the Enworld they're no better than the crooked judges in the slums of Monemvassia! They're worse! At least with the judges you have to pay them before they will close their eyes to the truth. No, I'm done bowing and scraping to these useless puddleheads, and if you're afraid a little plain speech will get you hanged, well, maybe you should go to Monemvassia. Or become a priestess."
Ximix gives a little polite applause to this speech. "Well said and true Corvinus, to be sure there is little fault to the meat of your words... were I to think that Jallembo was calling your words untruth I would second you forthwith.
However Jallembo is not questioning your motives. He, nor I for that matter, see no fault with your Reasoning good man... it's the timing and delivery of your heart-felt instead of thought-through speech which are quarrelsome...
It is not just your neck in the noose that you may slip with your tongue. Nay it is not even just mine and yours and these few gathered. We all heard the information at the gathering. This mission we undertake is truly at the mercy of these 'puddleheads', for we have no other likely means of descending into the sea as we are tasked. If you have to swallow your pride when treated unfairly for the good of thousands upon thousands then welcome to our group... look around, even the tempermental Dwarf maintained his decorum.
So did we all... think you that we do not see the very truth of your words!? Of course and then some yet one does not cut the rope until they have climbed it fully... I ask you in plainest terms: endure a little while, relinquish your righteous ire, till at least we have finished our task."
The priest seems to hang up there a bit at the end... and is almost quietly pleading with his final words. His thin frame is breathing hard from his rather long words yet his Elven eyes are lively, with as much emotion as he has displayed in Corvinus' presence written plainly upon his face.

Amaury

First Post
"I am not.. err.." Jallembo starts replying before Ximix cuts him and goes through his speech. Jallembo listens and nods a few times before saying: "yeah, right, like I was gonna say.."

He adds: "No seriously, Corvinus.. Ximix said it all.. it might be better to see injustice than have a wyrmlich for king.. And who knows, maybe that all these priests are not as rightful as their image would suggest. That Astraia seemed really opposed to us. Why?... We need to be careful what we say.. I'd like to know more."

Once the discussion with Corvinus is over and assuming the conclusion of that discussion is alright with everyone, Jallembo will go to talk to Rachel the priestress.

[sblock=Rachel's chat]When he finds her Jallembo says: "Hello again, it seems that we are not out of jail yet, doesn't it? Some of our words may have offended your superiors.. I'm sorry. It's a bit tense for us.. One of your preistresses was really ready to put us back in jail, wasn't she? What was her name again? Aaast.. Astraia or something?"[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Aye lad, Ah'll gladly cut those bastards throats if Ah get the chance, but right now, if we don't get those uptight priestess aid, we are all as good as dead. Tha elf gots a point there." The dwarf says, calmly, scratching his beard.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree entirely with Ximix's sentiments," Alicia replies after Ximix speaks, "Truly if I have learned anything in my time with all of you, it is that I must not look at people or groups as monolithic. Ximix is wise, and his heart is truly in this mission, even though he is from Rivenblight. Similarly, it seems that many of the priestesses are at least hesitantly on our side, if not outright in our favour. I believe the high priestess is currently leaning towards our case, despite her visions. Let us not provide anything to help Astraia push them back."

"Aye lad, Ah'll gladly cut--

*Before Krindorf can finish the sentence, Alicia cuts in:*

"We all admire your loyalty and dedication, friend Krindorf, but let us not say anything too strong now, yes?"

(OOC: Let me know if he continues with that sentence regardless and says that he'd like to slit all the priestesses' throats if not for needing their help)

[SBLOCK=Jallembo and Rachel]*It is not initially easy to find Rachel, as she was still at the meeting for some time. Eventually, he does locate her.*

"You are not imprisoned--you are free to go wherever you wish, regardless. Unless you look like you're going to start murdering priestesses or something. But I'm sure that will not happen. The High Priestess is wise when she says that we must overlook rudeness when we make the decision that is right. I think that the Hall will agree as well. Astraia...she has the best interest of all at heart, but she is quite paranoid, and she has strong ties with the elves of Rivenblight. I think she will agree to a compromise, but that's going to require some safeguards. I'm sure no one in your group is evil, right? She asked that we check that, bearing in mind that you are not, as previously thought, able to deflect divinations."[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I had him meaning that for what they have done to him, he would kill them, gladly. But he needs them to save himself and his kind. I never said he was a good soul =P

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I know that's what he meant. However, it is rather important for me to know if he said it. Just let me know if he'll complete the statement or just stop where Alicia cut him off)

Remove ads