Undine the Sea

Amaury

First Post
[sblock=chat with Rachel]"Evil? No! I mean, the ones I work with would rather be defenders of tyhe weak and all that.. maybe a bit rude, but also tired by a long journey and the importance of the mission.. So, they did not react too well to being emprinsoned as you may understand.. Anyway.. thank you and see you some time.."[/sblock]

Jallembo walks back to the group.

covaithe

Explorer
"Ximix, Alicia, I do understand. I wouldn't say to their faces the words I've said here to you folks. And I know Jallembo isn't questioning my motives; we all know that we're on the same side here. No, the question is about methods. We are agreed that our mission depends on assistance from these puddle-huggers, but you all seem to think that being polite and gentle and coddling them like babies learning to talk is the best way to get them to come around. I think that we should rub their noses in it like dogs that have, well, made a puddle in the floor. These priestesses have made a serious mistake that could have deadly consequences, and while they're sitting around dithering about what to do, we're just making sympathetic noises about how hard things must be for them. I think what they need is a good swift kick in the backside. If you all think I'm wrong, well, I guess I'll just do my best to keep my mouth shut. But I think you're making a mistake." Corvinus explains, a little calmer now.

ooc: I'm back. :)

Ximix

First Post
Ximix listens, nodding several times, a hint of a smile appearing at the image of the "puddle-huggers" having their noses rubbed in a "puddle"...
"If only we were dealing with one or two individuals, I would consider your point of view more seriously, yet this is a council of Believers. It consists of those who genuinely feel the presence of a greater power. These people believe they are serving this power. They believe that they must consider all sides before making a decision of such obvious magnitude.
But most importantly they Believe. Exercising threats or just righteous indignation against Believers is the surest way to failure. Some may very well see your view, and feel rightfully shamed. Others will feel unsure, but most importantly still others will feel threatened and angered... due to the nature of this council that would be a disaster...
Thus, no matter how right we are to point out their failings, we must maintain a dignified silence and hope they understand their mistakes on their own."

The Elf smirks, then adds "Perhaps, after we've done our part in this... quest... we could return and roll out a laundry-list of their failings and demand some compensation..." Ximix chuckles quietly.

Amaury

First Post
"I didn't learn much about that priestress who seems opposed to us... Well, what's up with the priestresses? Have they come up with a decision?" Jallembo enquires.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I think Ximix has a good finger on how the priestesses might react," Alicia agrees with Ximix's estimation, "But let us see. I hope they will come to the right conclusion."

*Eventually, Rachel returns to speak to the group.*

"The Council has come to the conclusion that if you can fulfill several simple conditions proposed by several of our number, then we must do our best to help you."

"First of all, you do not seem to be immune to Divination magic to the extent that some had imagined. Therefore, in light of the High Priestess's visions, we will ask for sworn testimony, including willingly accepting truth-telling magics, as to your intentions and certain things that are not among your intentions. Additionally, we will need to check with very simple magic just to make sure none of you is actually evil--it seems obvious that you aren't, but one of our priestesses did make the point that we hadn't checked that yet, so that seems an easy thing for you to agree."

"Additionally, while you have been free to go on your way for some time now, you need a specific ritual performed for which we no longer have all the necessary ingredients after the last group of petitioners that needed it. Therefore, we will need you to help gather them unless you are willing to wait for us to find more."

"Usually we never perform such a ritual for those who are not worshippers of the Azure Lady, but we have decided to make an exception for all of you due to the extreme circumstances. Some of the more traditioner-minded amongst the Council wished to impress upon you the gravity with which we view the situation such that we would be willing to put our sacred rituals to this use. The ritual also includes many benedictions and invocations to Galatea that will make no sense for one who is not a follower, so we will need to know the identities of each of your patron deities in order to perform the substitution."

"Is there anything more that you need to know from me? If not, let us proceed to the questions, which are just a formality really as long as I'm right and you are being honest."

Remove ads