Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Dargon disappeared in April at the time of Nura's last post. Shall I write Nura out of this so we can keep going at pace? If I don't hear anything to the contrary by tomorrow, I'll advance next tim I get a chance, which will be Monday by the latest, probably before (depends on what weekend activities I do) )

Amaury

First Post
ooc: sorry to say this but this game needs a serious injection of pace else I'm gone like Nura. I've lost track of all characters, etc.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You make a good point--I'll write out Nura now then rather than waiting)

*Nura has been quietly brooding and keeping to herself much of late, and when the time comes for her to go before the priestesses, she has simply vanished. Since the group was free to go about as they liked and they weren't being watched, no one really knows where she might have gone.*

*After everyone is finished answering the questions, one of the priestesses makes the following pronouncement:*

"I have been told to relay to you the decision of the Hall. While one or two of you have severely poor attitudes, and, in one case, possibly a psychological condition, your cause is just, and if whatever Council sent you decided to hire such mercenaries, they do seem to have faith in you. In contacting Rayne Liore, she affirms her confidence in you, though she seemed troubled that we did not receive the message she sent to tell us about your arrival."

"As mentioned before, after the last group of petitioners, we do not possess the needed ingredients for the ritual. However, a few of the most important herbs grow on this island, though they are quite rare. If you can search for them and find them, we can send you to a place where you might be able to barter for what is left over. Are any of you skilled in wilderness lore?"

covaithe

Explorer
"Alas, not me," Corvinus says. "If you needed me to find things in a city, that I could do. But finding herbs in the wilderness..." He shrugs good-humoredly. "I can help carry a basket, I suppose."

Ximix

First Post
Ximix shrugs, "I would assume you would provide a guide and either samples of what we seek or someone who can identify it... "

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If none of you have knowledge of herbalism, we can let you look at an illustrated text with a description and picture of each of the plants. Hopefully, that will be enough. And if any of you can use Locate Object, I am sure that would help too."

Heckler

First Post
"Well, I was raised on a farm so I kow a little about plants.* And I have a scroll of Locate Object. It's not very powerful, though, so we'd have to be kind of close to whatever we're looking for, and we'd only have one shot."

ooc*: Profession: Farmer +6 and Kn (Arc)+6 might be worth something, if you're feeling generous.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I will let you use Profession Farmer, though the DC will be more difficult than Profession Herbalist would. Kn: Arcana will be of no use)

*The priestess directs Babette to the library, where she indicates a book and names the rare herbs they should expect to find on this island. As Babette pages through and shows the book to the others, the look of these particular plants is vaguely familiar, as if they have seen them before...*

Remove ads