Undine the Sea

Amaury

First Post
OOC: hi everyone.. back on the board after moving houses, holidays and my ISP taking for ever to reconnect. difficulties to load the pages here..
I must say that i'm surprised we're still playing.. I expressed my frustration at the pace of things and I'm surprised by the depth of patience Ximix is showing!! ;) guess it has something to do with plane shifting..
i'm happy to go back in if we have a team and a certain pace...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Corvinus and Babette's words come out a bit garbled by the intervening water, but the water proves a good medium to carry the sound, so they can hear each other well enough. The group presses forward for a short while, but unfortunately, the forced swimming march is enough to tire them out before long, and they still haven't reached the city. They do have enough time left to continue for some of the next day, so perhaps that will be enough. Alicia seems uncertain.*

"Can anyone think of a way to speed us up, or perhaps to signal to passersby that we are here?" she wonders.

(OOC: @Heckler--yup, you can use everything without approval. I just can't give you guys more XP until approval)

covaithe

Explorer
"Have there been passersby?" gasps Corvinus between strokes. "I hadn't noticed. I'd have thought the sight of our flailing around like this would have been enough to get them to help, if they were so inclined."

ooc: Do any of the casters have summon spells available? I guess a Mount would be too much to hope for... I'm thinking along the lines of having a creature that actually knows what it's doing in the water dragging us. As for signalling, maybe a flare or dancing lights spell? Prestidigitation to write glowing letters? Interpretive dance?

Ximix

First Post
... Interpretive dance?
OOC: *laughs*

What properties does the 'bubble' that we're in convey, faster or greater ease of travel in this watery domain or ?
If it significantly reduces the drag we could sleep in shifts and have several people towing the sleepers... If not then I'm not sure what we can do. Ximix prepared spells to be of help in negotiations and other than a Light orison, he's pretty useless to signal or augment travel =-( Perhaps Ximix may know something that his player does not? Would a Knowledge check be of use here? I'm hoping a take 20 after all this time in the water but I'll roll if you'd prefer. Ximix has 2 ranks (+1 INT mod) in Know:planes... not a Master Travel Planner I'll grant you but at least it's a start?! :)

Heckler

First Post
"Well, I can cast a basic Light spell, which someone might see, if it's dark enough. I could even cast it on a bolt and shoot it, but I don't think I could get very much distance underwater.

I think I've figured out how to make pixie dust
i.e. Glitterdust
which should catch somebody's eye if they're close enough. Especially if it's dark. It won't last very long, though."

ooc: Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what else we can do besides keep moving. Could we get a better idea of what we're encountering? Is there "stuff" like on the bottom of the ocean? Is there a bottom? Other life forms? How light/dark is it?

ooc2: Dammit, this new board got rid of my pink! How am I supposed to play a girly-girl with no pink? :rant:

Amaury

First Post
"Passer-by?? What do you mean passer-by?? We're in water and there is only fish or.. more dangerous creatures we know nothing about! Bringing on light is not discreet in the least! I won't swim faster that a shark or giant skid!" replies Jallembo as he can.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The water is mostly empty and stretches out in all directions. There seem to be occasional pieces of...stuff, pockets of other material that found their way into the Plane of Water, but mainly water everywhere. It is not completely dark, however. The water is illuminated very faintly by a bluish water-coloured lighting that seems to come from everywhere and nowhere. Still, a signal flare or something bright would be quite visible.*

*Ximix knows tales of many strange creatures that inhabit this place, making the most stereotypical inhabitants, the water elementals, look normal by comparison. He should have enough time tomorrow to prepare new spells while the Water Breathing still lasts, if he can think of any that might be helpful that he doesn't have today but are on his list. If all else fails, they might be able to make it there simply by hustling tomorrow and hoping for good fortune on their endurance, spawned by the necessity.*

"I'm not sure, Jallembo. I figured maybe others would come to seek this City of Glass place. I'm not awfully familiar with this weird underwater world. I hope Ximix knows a bit more...he seems our most well-read companion."

Ximix

First Post
"I'm not sure, Jallembo. I figured maybe others would come to seek this City of Glass place. I'm not awfully familiar with this weird underwater world. I hope Ximix knows a bit more...he seems our most well-read companion."
Ximix frowns a bit. "Well read is an apt description, my depth of knowledge however is rather shallow... if you'll forgive the pun.
Gliran's gifts do not grant much in the way of aid for our needs. I could request a Porpoise to pull each of us, though the summoning would only last a few moments... I could pray to enhance our Strength Or Stamina, either of which would only last a few minutes as well. My best alternative is to pray for restoratives which will ease our exhaustion if we continue to press ourselves to the limit..."

The Elf doesn't appear all that concerned ... for all that it sounds that he is powerless to prevent impending doom...

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...I see," Alicia ponders, "Wait a minute, I remember a story about a porpoise...sometimes this bardic knowledge comes in handy! Is it true that a porpoise can broadcast messages at great distances in an extremely short time? Even if it vanished after a few moments? I'm not sure how that might be so, maybe they have telepathy, but in this one tale about...well, we'll save the tale for another day."

covaithe

Explorer
"The sailor's tales of Monemvassia speak of porpoises rescuing drowning men sometimes," adds Corvinus, though the magical discussion goes mostly over his head.

Remove ads