Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Since Frump is easily shaken by people of noticably greater power, I would give you a circumstance bonus if not for the fact that Frump is significantly more powerful than you. It may be easier to kiss up to him and use Diplomacy than it is to Intimidate him though.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen nods deeply. "Good Wizard, I am but here as a servant to retrieve the Nocturne Shard. I do this not out of fear, nor for glory, but out of curiosity and self-discovery. Any glory that we should find and gain along the way is yours, and your nation's, exclusively. If you have any further concern, then know that I do not intimidate. I welcome the presence of your representative."

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace stands up for himself, We're trying to retrieve a lichwyrm's phylactery from a region of undead, we may need all the help we can get. Especially a cleric, whose magic tends to be more potent against such vile creatures. I may even be able to turn away the undead before you had need to expend your spells. Does my atitude really matter if I'm willing to cooperate and lay my life on the line?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Does my atitude really matter if I'm willing to cooperate and lay my life on the line?

"Yes. Why yes it does. See, this Elf here is a trustworthy fellow. I can trust such a dangerous and crucial item to him because of his sincere and humble manner. But as for you, what good is it if you beat back the undead and then steal the shard for yourself, cackling maniacally that your dark master will be served? Not one whit, that's what," Frump grabs a plum tart off a tray and eats it, "Besides, we've got what looks like a gaggle of clerics here, and one more if we find that Baldrian fellow. Gloria, quit tarrying girl, go get me some more choices!"

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace replies, You say that you are a mighty wizard, how can anyone expect to cross you and survive? What good is it to steal away the shard if I am disintegrated before leaving its vault? Besides, we all swore to a magical oath that we do not serve the lichwyrm. If you recall Xanthar confirmed that.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Frump snorts loudly.*

"Who knows, perhaps you joined up with the cult only today? Or maybe you aren't a cultist at all, but some other form of deviant who would turn upon his betters, or a craven coward who speaks with great bluster but then will flee the moment things get tough. We need people of high moral caliber. Now, if you don't have anything more to say, why don't you get out of our sight? The true heroes are going to meet and discuss some secret info, and we don't want to let disgruntled ex-expedition members who go turncoat to the Lichwyrm dull Monemvassia's glory. I think that Quozen shall be Gloria's lieutenant. After all, who better than a Monk to go looking for a Monastery?"

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace yields, Very well. I hope my friends serve you well. Before I am formaly dismissed, allow me to apologise for my behavior and wish you luck in your endeavor. May the gods above bless your quest.
OOC: Okay, I've complimented him and proved my loyalty. If this doesn't work, he can burn in his afterlife.

C'mon Invisible Castle . . . Sweet talk Frump2 (1d20+2=19) Woohoo!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nice rolls! It's a start)

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you clearly. Could you repeat that? Did you just say 'I'm sorry Great Master Frump. My impetuous and snippy nature is surely the result of my poor upbringing and I beg your forgiveness for the insults I made to the great and mighty kingdom of Monemvassia and its people?' "

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace smiles, Yes, Great Master Frump, I am sorry for my behavior. I should not have acted so rashly. I beg the pardon of the great nation of Monemvassia and its people.

Remove ads