Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
ooc- lets just hope he doesn't ask me any morality questions...

(OOC: Frump has no intention of calling the kettle black. Someone like Alicia from the Undine expedition might have had issues though)

"Well splendid, splendid. Gloria? Gloria! Where are my tarts? For Gliran's sake..."

"But sir, you didn't..."

"Hush. Just get me more tarts. Honestly, the things I have to put up with."

"Now then, I'm glad that everyone is acquainted. Do you want some tarts too? I can have Gloria get more. That Liore woman is going to come and say something about where this monastery is. But she was checking in with other expeditions first before ours because she said ours is 'so simple'. The nerve, right? I know that you here in service to Monemvassia are clearly the finest group assembled. None other would serve me. Where is Gloria? That girl is so lazy...Did I ever tell you about the time that I helped save Monemvassia from a dragon?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
*Frump snorts loudly.*

"Who knows, perhaps you joined up with the cult only today? Or maybe you aren't a cultist at all, but some other form of deviant who would turn upon his betters, or a craven coward who speaks with great bluster but then will flee the moment things get tough. We need people of high moral caliber. Now, if you don't have anything more to say, why don't you get out of our sight? The true heroes are going to meet and discuss some secret info, and we don't want to let disgruntled ex-expedition members who go turncoat to the Lichwyrm dull Monemvassia's glory. I think that Quozen shall be Gloria's lieutenant. After all, who better than a Monk to go looking for a Monastery?"

Quozen bows again. "Your bountiful generosity is matched only by your esteemed logic, Great Master. I accept the position of lieutenant."

jaker2003

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Did I ever tell you about the time that I helped save Monemvassia from a dragon?"
Jace speaks, No, Great Master Frump, I don't believe you've shared that tale. Are you inclined to tell the story; I'm sure we would all enjoy it?
OOC: You know, I was thinking of guiding Hasin into a less evil alignment, but with Frump's influence, I'll probably be flinging fire at anyone who annoys me by the end of the mega-adventure.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, there I was using my illusion magic to inflitrate the dragon's plot to destroy Monemvassia when I was ambushed by a bunch of brigands! Fortunately, I was able to recover somewhat and use my mighty spells, and I even killed two of those dragon-loving brigands, but then I was incapacitated and the dragon managed to escape. Still, it certainly will never trouble Monemvassia again. It wouldn't dare come back while I'm around. That's when I discovered that the people in charge, like the prince, they're smart and canny people. I was awarded the position of Court Mage for my heroism, but the prince actually knighted some of the brigands, and it must be because he figured it would be safer to have them around if he could keep his eye on them. He's a smart man--Where is that girl? Gloria!?"

*There is the sound of footsteps falling faster from outside and breaking out into a run, as Gloria nearly stumbles carrying a tray with more tarts.*

"Gloria, now, you know this isn't enough tarts for Quozen! You should know that he would like some tarts. Seriously girl, if you don't watch out, you're going to have to be his lieutenant on this mission instead of the other way around."

*She bows and heads back off.*

"And step on it!" he yells out, causing her to pick up her pace, "Seriously, what a lazy girl...She's going to need to learn some discipline and work ethic if she's ever going to be a proper Wizard some day. I wonder when that Liore woman is coming. I should ask Gloria to go check."

"While we wait, does anyone have questions about supplies?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I brought rations for one person for two weeks," Quozen starts, "or rations for everyone for two days. We'd still need some water, but I suppose we have the resources to either find a source en route or pray for water. Do we know what oases to expect along the route? Or are we still waiting for Rayne?"

Bison

First Post
jaker2003 said:
OOC: You know, I was thinking of guiding Hasin into a less evil alignment, but with Frump's influence, I'll probably be flinging fire at anyone who annoys me by the end of the mega-adventure.

OOC good luck with that one, if anything, I would put money on Hasin pulling the rest of us to a less good alignment

jaker2003

Explorer
InVinoVeritas said:
"We'd still need some water, but I suppose we have the resources to either find a source en route or pray for water."
Jace faces Quozen, Yes, pray. There will be 3 clerics in our group. Even a novice like me can use an orison creating 2 gallons of water in one casting. Who prepares how many of this orison depends on how much water we'll need each day and how many of what manner of steeds we'd be using, if any. I believe I could prepare as many as three each day, but I would be left without my assistive magic of the same power.

Bison

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"While we wait, does anyone have questions about supplies?"

Droggle ponders this for a moment.

"Well I for one have consumed most of my trail rations on thie way to this council, and I would need to buy more. What is your guess master Wizard for how long we will be on the road to our destination?"

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You will have the swiftest horses available. However, if you can't keep them all lightly encumbered, it could take almost a year to ride down that far. It is an extremely long distance."

(OOC: 10k to 11k miles in total! Zounds LEW is large)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases