Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Bison

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"You will have the swiftest horses available. However, if you can't keep them all lightly encumbered, it could take almost a year to ride down that far. It is an extremely long distance."

a year!!! good gods man .. you would think we could be teleported or something if it is that far. you know, being that the fate of the world is involved and all

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You would think, wouldn't you? A Teleport doesn't go that far though. The world is a big place. It would take a Wizard with Teleport almost two weeks to get you there, and two weeks to return. No such Wizard exists who is able to devote a month to the task--precious few are able to use such magics. Of course, the good news is that the cultists will take just as long to travel that distance as we will, so there is parity, yes. Now where has Gloria gotten to? She should be back with Quozen's tarts by now."

Bison

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"You would think, wouldn't you? A Teleport doesn't go that far though. The world is a big place. It would take a Wizard with Teleport almost two weeks to get you there, and two weeks to return. No such Wizard exists who is able to devote a month to the task--precious few are able to use such magics. Of course, the good news is that the cultists will take just as long to travel that distance as we will, so there is parity, yes. Now where has Gloria gotten to? She should be back with Quozen's tarts by now."

Droggle grumbles at the thought of such a long trip.

"You know, even one teleport to get us started would help"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen blinks. "That is... almost to the end of the world... I wonder if I can see home from there."

(OOC: Although it's still too far away most likely, I can make the Basalt Citadel public for use... It's really just a volcanic outcropping in the Lands of Fire, overlooking the Negative Lands sinkhole.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bison said:
Droggle grumbles at the thought of such a long trip.

"You know, even one teleport to get us started would help"
"I agree. The issue there is the horses, though. That would be too many subjects to take along with one Teleport. I'm going to have Gloria go get you a Teleport to Orussus, at least, and you can just buy the horses there."

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin, Cleric of Grendath 2

Dorrin frowns, "Er, if we need to travel that deep into the badlands, are we going to have to worry about any ... side effects of traveling there? I've heard rumors and such that it's hazardous just to walk out there..."

ooc: I'm unsure what's common knowledge about the negative energy section of the Enworphant. I'd imagine most people fear it because it's a "bad" place, but what else generically might we know? (I doubt my Know religion (1d20+3=19) will help much)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yup, Religion wouldn't be the operative knowledge there--Geography would be better. He knows that people consider it an unsettling and 'bad' place, and he knows that negative energy is anathema to all life and fuels the power of undead. Dorrin knows about negative energy itself, but he doesn't know enough about the region to know how bad the negative energy is in the area. Probably not *too* impossibly bad, though, or there couldn't be a monastery there.)

Bison

First Post
thegreyman said:
Dorrin frowns, "Er, if we need to travel that deep into the badlands, are we going to have to worry about any ... side effects of traveling there? I've heard rumors and such that it's hazardous just to walk out there..."

ooc: I'm unsure what's common knowledge about the negative energy section of the Enworphant. I'd imagine most people fear it because it's a "bad" place, but what else generically might we know? (I doubt my Know religion (1d20+3=19) will help much)

OOC just be sure to load up on the inflict wounds spells when we get there :p

Remove ads