Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't really know. In theory, they should know what to expect, but they aren't going to hand the shard over to the first group they see, either, or else the cultists could pull a similar trick. They might do something simple like check to make sure you aren't evil, put you in a Zone of Truth, things like that, I guess."

Bison

First Post
Droggle listens to this tale with wonder at first, but he doesn't much like the talk of weight restrictions. Droggle weighs 200 pounds by himself, and his armor is heavy. His steed would probably be lucky to get off the ground even if he rode him stark naked, .. and he is quite sure that is a sight that none want to see

thegreyman

First Post
"Does magic work on these shards? If so, maybe a few uses of a Magical Aura could prove useful. We could make the shard look like nothing valuable, and some piece of crystal look like a shard. That way, no one want to take the true shard..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No, the mount can automatically carry its rider + 100ish pounds. So if the rider is a pixie, it can carry a pixie + 100ish pounds, and if the rider weighs 400 pounds, it can still carry the rider + 100ish pounds)

Rystil Arden

First Post
thegreyman said:
"Does magic work on these shards? If so, maybe a few uses of a Magical Aura could prove useful. We could make the shard look like nothing valuable, and some piece of crystal look like a shard. That way, no one want to take the true shard..."
"It is known to be immune to Divinations. We don't really know about other magics though."

Bison

First Post
"well, if it is immune to divinations, once we have it, if we have not been too obvious in our goal, we should in good shape to keep it"

LogicsFate

First Post
*Cough* Perhaps I missed it, but once we have the shard, how will we return? Immune to divination or not it's not something I look forward to holding for any length of time.

Given just a chance I could unencumber myself to an acceptable level, I hope. Weapon, Armor, Shield, Food, lantern, oil, empty water skins...
Come to think of it I should be good, just need to load up on some rations.

Valan pauses like he's trying not to say something...

I also have a small amount of funds 1200 or so if that will help fund whatever we need.

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
*Cough* Perhaps I missed it, but once we have the shard, how will we return? Immune to divination or not it's not something I look forward to holding for any length of time.

Given just a chance I could unencumber myself to an acceptable level, I hope. Weapon, Armor, Shield, Food, lantern, oil, empty water skins...
Come to think of it I should be good, just need to load up on some rations.

Valan pauses like he's trying not to say something...

I also have a small amount of funds 1200 or so if that will help fund whatever we need.
"Hopefully, you can walk far enough to find a place where you can purchase mounts. As long as you can get the Shard first and then vanish, it's protections against Divinations will likely keep you well-hidden on the return, so the long journey back is less of a danger than it would be if we took that long to get there."

ethandrul

First Post
Hasin smiles- see? make requests for more then you want and next thing ya know- were getting teleports. if We do this thing- I want my father reincarnated. Can that be done?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't see any quotes. Did he say any of that or just think? Meanwhile, while I wait for the answer so I can decide if I need to respond, I'll mention that Rayne Liore didn't hear any of the previous requests--she came in and made this offer without hearing that, so it would be obvious to everyone that Hasin's demands for equipment had no effect and no correlation with Rayne's offer of aid. Also, if he was going to say that, do remember that it has been mentioned several times before that there will be no monetary reward for these missions. Many of the sponsors (including Rayne) will want to remove any potential participant who seems motivated by money (since a greater amount of money would put that person on the cultists' side) )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases