Do You Keep Any "Guiness Book of Records" Records In Your Game?

I got this idea from someone else's campaign that I was reading about. By records I mean that they kept a record of who had the first kill in the campaign, who had the first PC to be knocked unconscious, who made the highest damage on a single hit, etc.,

I was thinking about what other "records" you could keep. Here is a list I came up with:

1st Kill (PC and creature killed)
1st PC Unconscious (PC and who or what by)
1st PC Death (PC and who or what by)
1st Critical (PC, weapon, damage and creature)
1st Maximum Damage Roll (PC, weapon, damage and creature)
Highest Damage (PC, weapon or spell, damage and creature)
Biggest Negative (PC, weapon or spell, damage and creature)
Highest Attack Roll (PC, attack roll, damage and creature)
Highest Skill Check (PC, skill used, skill check, result)

Are there any others that you keep a note of in your game or that you can think of?

Olaf the Stout

Last edited:

DrunkonDuty

he/him
OH, like Guiness Book of Records. Nah. I mean on any given evening there'l be some friendly competition about who did the most smack down but that's about it.

From the heading I thought you meant who did waht when, PCs and NPCs so as to keep track of where the narrative is going. This I do.

DrunkonDuty said:
OH, like Guiness Book of Records. Nah. I mean on any given evening there'l be some friendly competition about who did the most smack down but that's about it.

From the heading I thought you meant who did waht when, PCs and NPCs so as to keep track of where the narrative is going. This I do.

Ok, I changed the title a little. Is that any clearer?

Olaf the Stout

EvilMountainDew

First Post
We started keeping track of number of kills, but we forgot about it a couple of sessions in.

I'd be interesting in keeping records, but none of us are competitive.

I would consider it, though, if players started nodding off or getting bored.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
>>>> OP: Ok, I changed the title a little. Is that any clearer? <<<<

To me? Yes. I speak for no-one else and in fact generally get confused by what is obvious to others and confuse others with what I think is obvious.

Sorry mate, no criticism was intended.

cheers,
Glen

DrunkonDuty said:
>>>> OP: Ok, I changed the title a little. Is that any clearer? <<<<

To me? Yes. I speak for no-one else and in fact generally get confused by what is obvious to others and confuse others with what I think is obvious.

Sorry mate, no criticism was intended.

cheers,
Glen

No worries. I didn't take it as criticism. When I gave it a title initially I was struggling for how to explain it. After reading your post I could see how people might take it that way so I thought that I might clarify it a little. Of course, if the Guiness Book of Records isn't that well known in the US it will still probably be unclear! :lol:

Olaf the Stout

In the Warhammer game I'm a player in, we have a "killocracy" score. (Whoever kills the most opponents gets an extra vote when making decisions.)

Warhammer isn't a balanced gaming system, so our dwarf "fighter" is basically guaranteed to hold the position. However, I did steal it from him for two sessions, due solely to absurdly good luck (and him making the mistake of not using a shield for one critical battle).

We don't actually keep close track, though.

MarauderX

Explorer
I tried to keep a log for a bit on our game website, especially after an unbelieveable series of horrible rolls on my part (the DM). It got a bit cumbersome, as there were other campaign details that I'd rather devote time to.

As a player, I tend to document everything, or at least try. What I rolled to hit, the bonus to hit, and the damage per round. Same goes for the nasties we're fighting - how much damage they do, from what kind of attack, etc. It's one way to keep track of the number of rounds and whether we are going to do well or get smoked. It's also been an indicator as to if the DM is cheating on attacks/damage dealt too, which has happened before.

rgard

Adventurer
In 1e we used to keep track of damage done (in blue books) to various beasties we met.

In my 3e campaign we did keep a series of firsts...first pc death, first critter killed, most horrifying death.

One player had the distinction of having 4 of his pcs (he had rolled up 3 extra just in case) killed in one session by some ruthless goblins and their goblin children.

Same player had the most horrifying death too, but not in the 4 pc death session.

rgard said:
In 1e we used to keep track of damage done (in blue books) to various beasties we met.

In my 3e campaign we did keep a series of firsts...first pc death, first critter killed, most horrifying death.

One player had the distinction of having 4 of his pcs (he had rolled up 3 extra just in case) killed in one session by some ruthless goblins and their goblin children.

Same player had the most horrifying death too, but not in the 4 pc death session.

Most horrifying death definitely sounds interesting! :D

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases