COMPETITION: Design an Epic Monster

Khisanth the Ancient said:
My opinion: only if it doesn't delay the Bestiary further. Including them would be great, but they don't need art. (IMO if they have a good text description illustrations are just gravy, not actually necessary.)

I'm impatient to get the Bestiary ;)

If you are going to include all those illustrations can you make an un-illustrated version so we can get it this month ;)

Are you are talking about the Vampire Bestiary or the Updated Epic Bestiary with the Competition Winners?

The Vampire Bestiary should be out sometime this month. Although just thinking about it, the Print version won't be available until mid-March at the earliest. I might have more art for the print version, people can always re-download the pdf, so that might work out okay...actually I like that idea.

The Updated Epic Bestiary could be available in print sometime in mid-March assuming I don't have to do any extra art...I would like to at least try and do some.

What I don't like is releasing a print version of a book and then having a later update feature more art. The print versions are relatively easy to update and allow another download. But the print versions cost more and you can't just redownload. So thats effectively charging people more...twice. Not a good idea.

I'm going to be off work the middle two weeks of March. So thats probably a good time to get all the print stuff sorted.

Thanks for the kind words Sykyrys. :)

hey Alzrius matey! :)

Alzrius said:
I hate to mention, well, anything that would increase the time necessary to make this happen...but would you like me to take a look at any of these entries for editing, U_K?

I mention this because, to my knowledge, no other editing will have taken place before they're added to the book (notwithstanding whatever the original writers did), and from what you've said, you don't remember the intricacies of 3.5 very well.

Thats true I barely remember my weapon focus from my weapon specialization anymore. Good idea. I have the original entries saved, but if you could take a look over them in this thread and let me know if any have problems. If they need any editing, slap them on a word file and send it to me and I'll add it to the document.

I'm not sure if we'll be able to use the Chimerical Dragon, but I probably will anyway. The author wants to use it but he's not sure if because he sent it via his school if maybe there will be a problem with the copyright - I can't see it being a problem (although its a bit more complicated than I'm letting on), but he just didn't want to get me into trouble.

Hey Belzamus dude! :)

Belzamus said:
Can't remember if my Titan of Oblivion got in or not, but if it did, it's been heavily revised since the contest. I think I might have posted it (the new version) here, not sure.

If the revision is better in your estimation we can always use that. :)

Hiya mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient; said:
Sorry, I thought the competition winners would be in an appendix to the *Vampire* Bestiary, clearly I misread; ignore what I said then :blush:

I thought there was some confusion.

Awesome. What's left to do on it?

Tons. But I should have the text completed by this weekend, so while thats being edited I can concentrate on the remainder of the art to finish.

Remove ads