Preview for Wolfgang Baur's Arabian Nights

Glyfair

Explorer
Wolfgang's Arabian Night's project for Open Design is finishing up, and there isn't much time for new patrons to join. In order to give a peek at the project he's posted Captain Asad Al Nar, the Lion of Fire as a sneak peek.

If nothing else, it's a good NPC for campaigns with Arabian flavored areas.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Argh! I wasn't going to spend money on this one, and my Midwood campaign is on hiatus while I wait for one of the players' work schedule to get ironed out, so the Arabian stuff may not happen for months or ever ...

I'm sure it's a good adventure but Arabian adventures just doesn't really appeal to me all that much unfortunately. I'm certain I'll join another Open Design in the future (I was a patron of the Empire of the Ghouls project) but this one wasn't up my alley.

Olaf the Stout

Monkey King

Explorer
Well, Olaf, free is good, and a half-efreet pirate fits anywhere, such as City of Brass, or near the Isle of Dread, or ashore at some volcanic island. Just saying...

Monkey King said:
Well, Olaf, free is good, and a half-efreet pirate fits anywhere, such as City of Brass, or near the Isle of Dread, or ashore at some volcanic island. Just saying...

Oh I agree. Free is great value! :D

Unfortunately I'm not into Arabian adventures much so I wouldn't get much use from this OD project. I'm definitely interested in future OD projects though. I really enjoyed the Empire of the Ghouls experience, as well as the adventure itself.

Olaf the Stout

Ant

First Post
Great stuff there, Wolfgang. Consider it yanked into my NPC folder.

I tend to side with Olaf here ... I just can't see me ever using Six Arabian Nights even though the setting is very evocative (and, I'm sure, beautifully crafted). However, being a patron of the Empire of the Ghouls and Castle Shadowcrag (and a huge Kobold Quarterly fan) I'm sure I'll be back. :)

grodog

Hero
Varianor Abroad said:
Are we on-board patrons beating a dead horse if we mention that Siwal and the area are in the same loosely defined world as Zobeck and the Empire?

I don't know where your Empire is Varianor, but mine's in Greyhawk :D :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases