Spell that attacks for you.

jaker2003

Explorer
Ok, here's another spell I'd want my character to use. I think its comparable to Spiritual Weapon.

Lantern of the North Tower
Evocation [Light]
Level: Clr 2
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels).
Effect: Floating lantern
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes
You create an orb of light that follows you about and attacks undead for you. If not otherwise directed, it maintains a constant interval of 5 feet between itself and you. The lantern sheds light as a torch. It automatically detects undead within 60 feet and attacks them unless ordered not to. The lantern attacks by firing a ray as the light of the north tower spell. Each attack the lantern makes reduces the remaining duration by 10 minutes. If an attack reduces the remaining duration to 0 minutes or less, the spell ends after the attack resolves.
The lantern attacks its designated target once each round on your turn. It uses your base attack bonus (possibly allowing it multiple attacks per round in subsequent rounds) plus your Wisdom modifier as its attack bonus. It does not get a bonus for flanking or help a combatant get one.
It cannot be killed, but it dissipates if it takes 6 points of damage from area attacks. (It gets no saves against attacks.) If you attempt to send it beyond the spell’s range (measured from your current position), the lantern ceases to exist. Directing the lantern is a move action.
If an attacked creature has spell resistance, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against that spell resistance the first time the lantern strikes it. If the ray is successfully resisted, the lantern cannot harm it and moves on to another target. If not, the lantern has its normal full effect on that creature for the duration of the spell.
The lantern sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.
A light spell (one with the light descriptor) counters and dispels a darkness spell (one with the darkness descriptor) of an equal or lower level.

The Light of the North Tower spell needs 1 more approval.
The Lantern of the North Tower spell needs 3 more approvals.

Last edited:

Remove ads