Campaign Length

What is the longest campaign you've played in on a regular basis?

• > 1 year

Votes: 23 12.1%
  • 1 - 2 Years

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • 2 - 4 Years

Votes: 65 34.2%
  • 5 - 10 Years

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • 10 - 15 Years

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 15+ Years

Votes: 6 3.2%

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Longest Ongoing:

I have an on and off again solo campaign with a buddy of mine in LA (I now live in London – UK) that's been going on for about 18 years (the character is currently 21st level in 3.5).

Average Length of a Campaign:

1 year.

My current Planescape campaign has been going for about 2 years, with some breaks due to travelling, family and work etc (the party is 12th level – we try to play fortnightly, but it can be hard work getting 5 adults all in the same place at the same time).

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
I had two very long running campaigns.

My first Ars Magica campaign lasted 5-and-a-bit years.

My RuneQuest campaign lasted nearly as long.

For D&D the most I can muster is about a year and a half, but very rarely that -- it tends to get rather repetitive after a while.

Talislan

First Post
As one of those who is coming back to gaming from an exceedingly long hiatus this poll is useful for judging my proscpective time commitments but only half so. That's not a stab at anyone just that I think there is something missing.
That is...
How long and often are you all playing within a given year to base the results on?
or
How can I tell if those who's campaigns are lasting 1-2 years are any different to those lasting 4-5 years if one group plays twice a week and the other once?

You may be basing this on a presumption of a certain no. of gaming hours per week that I am missing the info on. can someone clear this up?

If not whats the average time I could base the results on?

Thanks

Darrius Adler

First Post
My longest campaign was one I ran in Ravenloft durring 2e. It went for 2 years meeting each week for the first year and then alternating weeks durring the second year. Was a great time, many fond memories of players becoming paranoid from events in play, mystery, horror and tense fights.

Actually thinking of revising the idea from that campaign and doing a bit of 4e Ravenloft conversion. Should be a fun thing to kick around at least.

Remove ads