Keep on Shadowfell pre gen PC's

Darkwolf71

First Post
Nymrohd said:
Could we petition that instead of 5 pregenerated PC's we get 8-10 and the players can choose which of them to play?
I would certainly hope. My group happens to have 8 players. Getting only 5 PCs would... suck. :(

EricNoah

Adventurer
Everyone who makes a custom PC for this should post it here. You'd have dozens or hundreds to choose from then! :)

Oh wait -- is this the one that comes out before the rules do? That's harder.

kennew142

First Post
My group will need at least six. Maybe WotC can put a few more up as a web enhancement. I know that they can't print enough character rules to let us build our own characters before the PHB comes out, but five pregens in really too few.

OakwoodDM

First Post
Too few? No, 5 is too many. I only have 2 players, so with five you're giving them far too much choice, and even giving me a choice as to the NPC that follows them around (unless, that is, it turns out that the adventure is playable with 2 characters).

Of course, there is a touch of sarcasm in this post, but I do actually have 2 players, and I do hope that 4e is easier to design for with only 3 characters, since I nearly killed the entire party about 3 times over last session with kobolds and zombies. And the session was only about 4 hours long.

DJCupboard

Explorer
I'm willing to bet that the Teifling, Dragonborn, and Eladrin all make it in. I'd go with two Humans or a human and a Dwarf for the last two.

Classes will be a sure shot Warlock and Warlord make it in. I'd guess Rogue, Wizard, and Fighter to round it out.

Teifling should steal Warlock, and Eladrin would most likely get Wizard, but how everything else will line up is outside my ability to presume.

DJCupboard said:
I'm willing to bet that the Teifling, Dragonborn, and Eladrin all make it in. I'd go with two Humans or a human and a Dwarf for the last two.

Classes will be a sure shot Warlock and Warlord make it in. I'd guess Rogue, Wizard, and Fighter to round it out.

Teifling should steal Warlock, and Eladrin would most likely get Wizard, but how everything else will line up is outside my ability to presume.

Dwarf Fighter, Dragonborn Warlord, and Human Rogue, easy enough :cool:

I'd expect an elf ranger as well, and I agree that 5 characters are not enough. My group has exactly 5 players, but more choice is always good.

cheers,

Larrin

Entropic Good
Darkwolf71 said:
I would certainly hope. My group happens to have 8 players. Getting only 5 PCs would... suck. :(

Its a preview capsule with limited space for rules....in terms of limitations its gonna 'suck'. I'm betting its 5 because thats how many classes they could fit in the rules without it getting too much. Or maybe they only wanted to preview 5 classes (fighter, cleric,rogue,range, wizards are my bet). Assuming that the pregenrated characters aren't all the same race, if you have 8 or so characters i suggest: 1. allow them to switch stats if they are 'fixed' 2. swap around races and genders. if they give you a halfling rogue and a dwarf fighter, then palyers 6 and 7 might get a dwarf rogue and a halfling fighter, you should with little difficulty figure out the racial bits and swap them. 3.Multiclass; if the rules don't 'let you' do it anyway. if you're playing with 6-9 people you've probably had to wing it more that once, you shouldn't have much trouble, let them take level 2 as a wizard instead of a ranger, and just tack on the wizards level 2 powers or level 1 powers or whatever you see being the 'right' fit. let them draw powers from both the ranger and warrior list at level 1.

If you only get five premade characters you should be able to play power/race/ability swap to get 15 or more unique feeling PC's. Sure they won't be fully 4e kosher, but its a preview, you're not playing with the full deck, so you need to add a few of your own cards if you want more players.

Darkwolf71

First Post
EricNoah said:
Oh wait -- is this the one that comes out before the rules do? That's harder.
Yup. Although, thinking about this I have two thots.

1) It may be fairly easy to slightly modify pre-gens to at least 'feel' like different characters.

2) Do we know for sure it's only 5? I mean, why the heck wouldn't they have a pre-gen for each class to show it's 'cool new stuff'?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases