Stone Form from Races of Stone

Ikonoklast

First Post
This feat allows you to spend one of your wild shapes to replace your natural armor bonus to +4.

My question is if this feat is used while not wild shaping and in human form what happens.

1. This is treated as a wildshape (ie your equipment melds into your body and so forth )

2. Your skin turns to stone and what ever form you are in replaces it nat armor bonus to +4

3. Other

UltimaGabe

First Post
Ikonoklast said:
2. Your skin turns to stone and what ever form you are in replaces it nat armor bonus to +4

I'm unfamiliar with the wording of the feat- do you have to be in Wild Shape to use the feat? If so, you can't use it when not in Wild Shape. If you don't have to be in Wild Shape, then wht's the confusion? It replaces your Natural Armor bonus (as a humanoid, your Natural Armor bonus is +0) with +4.

Ikonoklast

First Post
I'm not sure on the posting the rules straight from a book (the rules page is not working) so I will paraphrase

Requirements: Con 13 Wild Shape Ability

You can spend one of your uses of Wild Shape to gain a bonus on Fort vs poison and a bonus on your natural armor replacing your current natural armor.

You also gain a Slam attack with the damage depending on your size.

No where in the feat does it say you have to be currently wild shaped.

Rackhir

Explorer
Ikonoklast said:
I'm not sure on the posting the rules straight from a book (the rules page is not working) so I will paraphrase

Requirements: Con 13 Wild Shape Ability

You can spend one of your uses of Wild Shape to gain a bonus on Fort vs poison and a bonus on your natural armor replacing your current natural armor.

You also gain a Slam attack with the damage depending on your size.

No where in the feat does it say you have to be currently wild shaped.

Since it could be using up your only instance of Wild Shape available for the day or the only one remaining. I'd have to argue that it can be used when not wild shaped. If it had to be used while wild shaped, it should say so in the feat description. Also the bonuses it's giving are significantly less than those that are possible with wild shape (though obviously it also lacks some of the potential disadvantages of being Wild Shaped as well). So I see no reason to restrict it to only being used while wild shaped.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases