Races of Destiny - Sharakim

So, I have a player who's requested to be allowed to play a Sharakim from Races of Destiny. Basically, they're a race that looks superficially like an orc, but they aren't orcs and they go out of their way to not act like orcs. Legend says they were once human, but were cursed for the sin of some ancestor or other.

Since orcs are a PC available race living in the desert in a Berber-like style, I figured this wasn't too far of a stretch, so I said OK.

I'm going to dink with him just a bit, though. He can claim all he wants that he's a sharakim---no relation to orcs, but pretty much everyone else in the setting believes that the sharakim are just a tribe of orcs descended from a few individuals that hopped on a boat, migrated to a place where they were surrounded by humans, completely absorbed their culture and now have an inferiority complex about their appearance.

Ironically, I have another guy who's going to play a hobgoblin who's clan was massacred (by an encroaching Empire of goblinoids (his clan resisted absorption in the Empire) who as still a relatively small boy, was later found and raised by orcs.

Somehow I always end up with PC groups that look more like wandering circuses than parties of competent adventurers. :D I think the other three players will have relatively "normal" characters, though--rogue (human, I think), druid (elf I think) and human duskblade.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hobo said:
Somehow I always end up with PC groups that look more like wandering circuses than parties of competent adventurers.

Yep. Freak show PC parties are something I'm quite familiar with!

Remove ads