The Mind's Eye

My proposal is to add the mind's eye's recourses to LEW. The minds eye is an article source openly posted by wizards to expand the psionics and combine them with other books. If not the whole thing I want to at least propose the educated wilder variant from the expanded classes article (like the expanded classes from PH2 just with psionics).
Links
The minds eye: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/psi
Expended classes: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a
Edit: forgot to mention all articles before "out with the old in with the new" are for 3.0 E

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
I vote No to the blanket adoption of everything in that series. I think each option needs to be considered individually.

As for the Educated Wilder option, I'm leaning toward opposing that. It strikes me that Volatile Mind, which only comes into play when the wilder faces hostile telepathy, is rather less useful than Expanded Knowledge, which makes a psionic character so much more flexible. But I'll wait for further discussion before making that official. Anyone want to persuade me otherwise?

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
I vote No to the blanket adoption of everything in that series. I think each option needs to be considered individually.

As for the Educated Wilder option, I'm leaning toward opposing that. It strikes me that Volatile Mind, which only comes into play when the wilder faces hostile telepathy, is rather less useful than Expanded Knowledge, which makes a psionic character so much more flexible. But I'll wait for further discussion before making that official. Anyone want to persuade me otherwise?
Gotta agree with orsal. I won't vote no yet without more discussion, but that's where my sentiments lie.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I also vote NO to the aggregate proposal. I'm always against rules bloat, and while some of the things in the article might be good, they should each be considered individually rather than all at once.

Regarding Educated Wilder: Expanded knowledge seems a lot more powerful to me than Volatile Mind. The switch gives the Wilder about 30% more known powers in exchange for an ability that is only useful against other psions, and even then only useful against a portion of abilities used by other psions, and even then it's really only an inconvenience to the other psions.

In short, it looks like a trade up, rather than down, so I have to vote NO to that as well.

EDIT: By "psions", I mean "other psionic characters".

Knight Otu

First Post
There is a larger problem at hand here. With the quickly approaching release of 4th Edition, there is no guarantee that this material will stay online on the Wizards site, and they might not really like it being hosted elsewhere.

Don’t agree with things written about the educated wilder but knight otu has a good point and considering all the negative votes I think I’ll withdraw my proposal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases