Chew on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imreis

First Post
Well i was away apparently when this whole thing started but now im home and looking through this. Wow. Looks like when the Fox is away the players will, play? any who, I got a few word to through out here myself. I'm not around allot mostly for a few reasons.

1. It lost its pep. People tend to do things in such a massive over dose its stifling. There for a while there was NO evil villains and suddenly BAM we have all these evil group out committing evil while keeping up all other plots so that half the time you don't know if they are evil or not or what days there being evil and days not. And even with all these people bringing forth an effort to add to the flavor of the site, no one wants to have there heroes do anything about it.

2. Love....Oi vey, love stories are everywhere you turn to the point you cant bring in a new character with out either getting completely ignored or the opposite, having someone falling madly in love with you and becoming sucidal with in the second appearance of said character. And the love triangle - octigon... what ever how ever many people are involved.

3. To make this i guess more clear. Rules. Alot of them have been worded so -broad- i guess is the word for it, it leaves it way to open and unanswered in some ways. Its like there stated a bit TOOO clear. I think they needed to be added to to explain more of what is and isn't aloud. Just adding a few more sentences to each rule describing would help. For one example, best one i can think of. The Fey are aloud as long as there pranks are to a minimum and in human form. Pixies look like small Elves with wings. Ok hide the wings - PERFECT! wait no...because there to small. Does height have a bearing on what you can make? Is a character who's only a foot tall against the rules? What about really tall characters that are like say nine foot tall? What really is beyond the normal realm of size comparisons that are aloud.

These arent ALL just reasons i don't show up anymore, granted i got duties on a set of boards i run, on the Den and with my school work so time really is an issue with me, but i guess maybe if these get heard people might wake up some.

Zeren

First Post
Imreis said:
Well i was away apparently when this whole thing started but now im home and looking through this. Wow. Looks like when the Fox is away the players will, play? any who, I got a few word to through out here myself. I'm not around allot mostly for a few reasons.

1. It lost its pep. People tend to do things in such a massive over dose its stifling. There for a while there was NO evil villains and suddenly BAM we have all these evil group out committing evil while keeping up all other plots so that half the time you don't know if they are evil or not or what days there being evil and days not. And even with all these people bringing forth an effort to add to the flavor of the site, no one wants to have there heroes do anything about it.

2. Love....Oi vey, love stories are everywhere you turn to the point you cant bring in a new character with out either getting completely ignored or the opposite, having someone falling madly in love with you and becoming sucidal with in the second appearance of said character. And the love triangle - octigon... what ever how ever many people are involved.

3. To make this i guess more clear. Rules. Alot of them have been worded so -broad- i guess is the word for it, it leaves it way to open and unanswered in some ways. Its like there stated a bit TOOO clear. I think they needed to be added to to explain more of what is and isn't aloud. Just adding a few more sentences to each rule describing would help. For one example, best one i can think of. The Fey are aloud as long as there pranks are to a minimum and in human form. Pixies look like small Elves with wings. Ok hide the wings - PERFECT! wait no...because there to small. Does height have a bearing on what you can make? Is a character who's only a foot tall against the rules? What about really tall characters that are like say nine foot tall? What really is beyond the normal realm of size comparisons that are aloud.

These arent ALL just reasons i don't show up anymore, granted i got duties on a set of boards i run, on the Den and with my school work so time really is an issue with me, but i guess maybe if these get heard people might wake up some.

I have never felt that the rules need to be improved upon. They're pretty clear to me.

Honestly, am I the only person here with English as my primary language? Not that being multilingual is an easy and unrewarding thing! :p

Give me an example of an unclear rule in the CoC or setting rules?

*looks at Cashmere* Who are you?
Ah, right...you're the person that hasn't really done anything with this thread, meaning you have to be the one to dictate the time it is closed, eh? Well, this thread may actually accomplish something, most likely not, but if you're so sick of it...stop reading it.

Zeren

First Post
John a.k.a Sir D said:
*looks at Cashmere* Who are you?
Ah, right...you're the person that hasn't really done anything with this thread, meaning you have to be the one to dictate the time it is closed, eh? Well, this thread may actually accomplish something, most likely not, but if you're so sick of it...stop reading it.

And comments like that make you look like a hypocrite, John. That is no help to this...tense situation at all.

Let's keep things civil and ignore the comments on the sideline.

John is right, we can accomplish something here if we all calm down.

Imreis

First Post
Imreis said:
For one example, best one i can think of. The Fey are aloud as long as there pranks are to a minimum and in human form. Pixies look like small Elves with wings. Ok hide the wings - PERFECT! wait no...because there to small. Does height have a bearing on what you can make? Is a character who's only a foot tall against the rules? What about really tall characters that are like say nine foot tall? What really is beyond the normal realm of size comparisons that are aloud.

I did post an example but just in case heres another

Demons, Devils, and Outsiders in general must be disguised. Disguised is defined such that anyone looking at such a character would see just another human, humanoid, or demihuman. Horns, hooves, tails, wings, all must be hidden from view. Sharpened teeth seen in a smile, perhaps a shifting of the disguise when angry or something, these are fine.

What about strange eyes and or skin pigmintation? Ive seen some intresting effects of diseases that can cause odd flesh tones or even interesting eye colors. Also, what is the time restriction on those shifting when angry moments? How long should that last?

Zeren

First Post
Imreis said:
I did post an example but just in case heres another

Demons, Devils, and Outsiders in general must be disguised. Disguised is defined such that anyone looking at such a character would see just another human, humanoid, or demihuman. Horns, hooves, tails, wings, all must be hidden from view. Sharpened teeth seen in a smile, perhaps a shifting of the disguise when angry or something, these are fine.

What about strange eyes and or skin pigmintation? Ive seen some intresting effects of diseases that can cause odd flesh tones or even interesting eye colors. Also, what is the time restriction on those shifting when angry moments? How long should that last?

A great example, Imreis. And I have characters have a character who is a demon with strange eyes. *Zeren raises his hand* Strange eyes have never been a problem with Zeren. Magis have never approached him and asked for a description change because overall...he's disguised.

Disease effects will obviously get attention from demon-hunters or clerics... *Octavion raises a hand* But getting negative attention from fellow players is just a form of interaction.

Also, if a disease or some strange magic is effecting your character's appearance in such a way...what reason do they have going to the tavern to fetch an ale? It's common-sense people, if you have leprosy we don't go to the bar. If a witch hexed you with disfiguring warts you hid from the locals, not go interact with them. As the Tavern's setting description states, it's a medieval fantasy setting, expect the populace to react the same as they would in Earth's medieval period?

I'm sure if a strange malady was effecting your character in such a way and there was any confusion...a Magi would address it when they had time. I'm sure the severity of the case itself depends on how fast they react and answer.

But overall, that rule is pretty clear. Eye and skin diseases have nothing to do with being a demon being properly disguised.

Also, just realized I missed something...about the disguise shifting. Obviously if you let the disguise shift away too long you're going to breach the 'remain in disguise' rule. The Magis in their infinite wisdom have left us with something called free-will and responsibility. Putting a time limit such as 'thirteen seconds' is just silly and juvenile.

Last edited:

Imreis

First Post
Never stated 'Demon' in particular, that rule also applies to Outsiders, Devils, Celestials and anything else not of Oreth actually as in terms - an Outsider is ANYTHING not native to the plane they are currently on. SO a human from Faerun being on Oreth is an Outsider if you want to get down the bone of the issue. And besides, you are the only one so far to say that you understand the rules well enough. There is other people out there I am sure who agree with you and others who agree with me that there not quite clear enough. Doesn't matter if you have a full comprehension of linguistics or not. All I did is exactly what other people were doing. Pointing out things I -thought- could do with some alterations, not changes, alterations to help the situation of Enworld.

and to your newly added part, its WHY i pointed it out for a Magi to answer, because yes 13 seconds would be odd but it is a world of magic and the tavern itself has plenty of enchantments, it could very well have time triggers on it, it again, is WHY i asked

Last edited:

Cashmere

First Post
there is nothing to accomplish, there are a billion of these threads all over the god-damned internet spiteful little people with no-lives racing to have the last word just so they can feel like their ego managed to have one gleaming insignificant moment of fame for what... 100 people? how petty, how dumb, how ridiculous... I didn't even read this whole pile of crap, cause that's what it is, a pile of crap, let's let it get tilled under the soil so it can maybe be used to make something better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads