Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the site. Please refrain from directing your unhappiness at individual Magi or players.

Undying Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Ah, but I never said I was unhappy with ISRP... Not once.

Yet, such assumptions come out.. What I am unhappy with..

Is having to hear fellow RPers complain about it, day in and day out..

So I ask the Magi...

Is there anything.. Anything at all you can do, besides idly stand by, to make your site just a bit more... appealing?

I have set and watched players drop out for quite some time now...

Respectable, well defined RPers..

If the quota of RPers nose dives, what will this site become but yet another ghost town of lost memories, hmm?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Appealing to whom?

We made changes from the WotC version based on user feedback. Some people loved it, some people made do, and some people hated it and left. We've made other changes here, such as adding the Cage.

But whatever we do, some people will love it, some people will merely tolerate it, and some people will hate it, and leave. And if we don't make any changes at all, guess what? Some people will love it, etc., etc.

The usual cycle is to find the site, be thrilled with it, and then start noticing what looks like peeling paint and loose floorboards and things that don't make it as great as it could be (in your opinion). And you talk about it with friends and they agree and they're complaining too. Maybe you're not unhappy with the site, but you're unhappy with how it's run. It could be so much better if only people would listen and fix what needs fixing.

The site is not perfect. Some of the fixes you want may be easy. Some (like having completely hard & fast rules and an interchangeable set of robotic magi on call 24/7) might be impossible. But suggesting specific fixes will get you a lot further than general "look around you".

The number of RPers goes up and down regularly. But surely you know that if you and all of your friends left, it would still keep going quite well.

And gah, can you try posting with all the.... heavy emphasis... please? Because someone is going to start harassing you about it, and I don't want to have to issue any more warnings.

Undying Redeemer

Banned
Banned
I think my typing style is just fine thank you. But.. I appreciate your concern.

And as for your numerous comments to my single question...

You are right, some like it, some hate it, some deal with it, but when the overwhelming amount dislikes it.. What do you do then?

And it is not the fact that I do not like the way it is ran, I'll be honest I don't, but it is the fact that it is not ran as well as it could be.

And if you cannot pick out your own flaws, then I'm afraid it is a waste of my time to explain them to you.

Maybe if you was around more often... you'd see for yourself.

Not meaning to be insulting, of course, Dear Trelian.

Shasf

First Post
Undying Redeemer said:
You are right, some like it, some hate it, some deal with it, but when the overwhelming amount dislikes it.. What do you do then?

imo, I'd say hello and keep on doing what I'd be doing, I'm quite interested in what would you do myself.

Undying Redeemer said:
And it is not the fact that I do not like the way it is ran, I'll be honest I don't, but it is the fact that it is not ran as well as it could be.

although this is a matter of opinion, I don't know a website that is, and I could think of a response or two that might be generally acceptable for the viewers:

1) you've stated your opinion, but have not given input of how this could be changed

I'll just give one for now, but really, I've only felt negative input from the posts that I've read, I admit, its the same boring things over and over again, but at least it gives me something to read.

Undying Redeemer said:

I really am not sure how to say, but this seems to have been addressed before by a few other magi and in the past by a few wizos as well; they are on, but under different screen names that interact with the players either here or even in the chat. I am sure that it has been seen already.

This site is "Very nice" indeed and I like it just the way it is, just have to be flexible is all, imo. My two cents, needed or not.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Undying Redeemer said:
I think my typing style is just fine thank you. But.. I appreciate your concern.
You're welcome!

And as for your numerous comments to my single question...
I try to be responsive.

If they all leave, you mean? Then I'd enjoy many more hours a week of free time. If they stay and complain? Then we're back to the "please make concrete suggestions."

No, it's not. It never will be. There will always be room for improvement. But it's run about as well as the purely volunteer force that we have right now can manage. If you find a better run site, please feel free to patronize it instead. Otherwise, again, please offer specific suggestions.

And if you cannot pick out your own flaws, then I'm afraid it is a waste of my time to explain them to you.
Now that is a distinct possibility.

Not meaning to be insulting, of course, Dear Trelian.
Huh? *stares* Just "dear"? After all those tender moments we shared together?!?! *weeps* What about "light of my life"! Or "best beloved"! I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm not on site to play with you more often, but we went through that, darling! My boyfriend was getting too jealous! (But YOU'RE still my favorite! *flutters eyelids*)

See what I mean? It's really much better to keep things impersonal.

Last edited:

Undying Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Magi_Trelian said:
Huh? *stares* Just "dear"? After all those tender moments we shared together?!?! *weeps* What about "light of my life"! Or "best beloved"! I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm not on site to play with you more often, but we went through that, darling! My boyfriend was getting too jealous! (But YOU'RE still my favorite! *flutters eyelids*)

See what I mean? It's really much better to keep things impersonal.

See... Now that was funny.

Though, placing 'dear' before your name does not make it anymore personal then as if I were to say, 'friend'.

Just an adjective, remember that...

And if it is so wished, I could definatly start compiling a list of things you could possibly change about the site and email it to you.

But I can almost garauntee none of them would make it through all of the Magi with a positive nod.

Feh.. Dilly dally shilly shally.

For now, my work here is done. I'll keep my eyes open.

I almost sort of agree with Undying Redeemer. The reason that I haven't been on much is because it seems like everyone is leaving the site for various reasons. Not to mention that nothing ever seems to be happening. Least for me. And please, don't take this as a complaint, I'm just stating how it is for me. If it's going good for some of you, that's great, invite me along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases