The Best & Worst of 3rd Edition: SINGLE BEST Product of 3rd edition (poll closed)

Choose the single one you like best

• Draconomicon (WotC)

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (WotC)

Votes: 124 16.8%
  • Magic Item Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 37 5.0%
  • Player's Handbook II (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Spell Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Unearthed Arcana (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Complete Book of Eldritch Might (MP)

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe (XRP)

Votes: 35 4.7%
  • Midnight (FF)

Votes: 31 4.2%
  • Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords (Pz)

Votes: 83 11.3%
  • Ptolus (MP)

Votes: 104 14.1%
  • Tome of Horrors I (rev.) (NG)

Votes: 38 5.2%
  • I want ZAZ, and they ain’t got it.

Votes: 19 2.6%

• Poll closed .

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The 7th and final poll on the “best and worst” of 3rd edition.

This is for all the marbles. The SINGLE BEST product of 3rd edition.

The list includes the top 6 from the WotC poll and the top 6 from the 3rd party poll. (these thresholds where chosen to given an even 12, ensure a variety of products, and avoid some ties farther down in the 2nd round results).

So please vote, and feel free to let us know what you think.

EDIT: This poll has been contentious enough, and close enough, to demand a sequel. This poll will be closed, and a new one for the finalists opened.

NEW POLL: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=218937

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
As much as I wanted to vote for Eberron, Spell Compendium has been the most useful book in that list for my groups, hands down.

Psion

Adventurer
Of these, I'll say Complete Book of Eldritch Might has probably added the most to my game.

I won't feel bad if Unearthed Arcana wins, though. ;)

Felix

Explorer
3rd Edition Player's Handbook.

It represented such a huge shift towards consistency, balance and thoroughness from 2nd edition that every product afterwards became derivative. Other books reached greater heights, but they stood on the strong, strong shoulders of the 3e PHB.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
That'll teach me to not carefully read all of the options...

I should have voted for Unearthed Arcana, but I am not sorry for giving a vote to the PHB2 (so far the only one).

Granted, I am a player most of the time and while I adore the Spell Compendium and the Magic Item Compendium I think the PHB2 has done more than either to open up options for players and make the game the game more fun (for me at least). I use stuff out of there more then I use stuff out of UA.

Yeah, I think UA is better - but I am happy to represent PHB2 and make sure it gets through with at least one vote.

X

xnosipjpqmhd

I voted UA after asking myself, "what kind of book do I hope they release for 4e." Fluff is easy to come by, well-balanced system variants ain't.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I voted for UA as, of all the books listed, it provided the most in the way of rules modifications that allowed one to tweak the core system to taste.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Wow, that was a tough choice. In the end I had to go with UA because it gave me the tools to make each campaign run the way I wanted it to run. Game customization for the win!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases