I Got Into College!

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well... I need a outlet for my glee, so putting it here!

I got into my Social Worker program at George Brown College in Toronto!!!!

It will also mean I will be moving to Toronto, so will be in the big-city, and I love the city (currently living in a town outside Hamilton).

*Is filled with anticipation, and is literally hopping in his seat*

:D

Stormborn

Explorer
Good for you!

My only advice for someone about to go off to college is this :
Don't get to hung up on anyone thing. Grades are important, learning is important, social life is important, doing new things is important, just dont go overboard on any one thing and you will have a great time, do what you are there to do, and not have any (well, fewer) regrets about missed chances.

Galethorn

First Post
Congrats!

Having been accepted to a university just five months ago, and starting one month ago, I can safely tell you that it'll be some time before that glee goes away.

ssampier

First Post
Congrats!

Stormborn that's some great advice. I studied decently in college, but I wished I did more social things; stuck my neck out more.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well here's hoping there is at least some people on campus who like D&D/WoD :p

Though I will also be in Toronto, so the number of oppurtunities to do things are pretty endless; concerts, International Film Festival (Midnight Madness), After Dark Film Festival, various festivals in China-town, Nerdcon, just wondering down Queen St. West and China-Town visiting all the comic-shops, hobby-shops, clothing-shops, etc.

Thank you for the congratulations :)

Enjoy college, but as you work toward your degree, also work toward getting a job. I know too many graduates who didn't get jobs in their field because they didn't put in the effort to take advantage of job-placement help from the school.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well the nice thing with where I am going, is the Social Worker program has over 500 organizations that it works with. So you get on the job-training with one of them and the school helps you get a job with one after you graduate.

Remove ads