A warrior approaches the thorn tree...

Maxine Dorugon

First Post
The lone woman in archaic armor comes to the __ . She gives long pause before she places the piece of paper there even when it’s attached she stares a long moment with her lavender eyes shaking her head she walks away.

A plea…
Goddess… I’m so scared right now…
My one truth is shaken to her core… the one who I could always turn to for strength, for joy, for the brighter side of things has become… alien. Hope has become a strange thing to me. She lashes out at everything I do to try to retain what she once was, my efforts go un-rewarded and hated every time I try anything with her… is your child better off dead mother? Is there no hope to return to what she once was? You sent me back from your loving bosom just to care for your lost child… would you be so desperate, so inadvertently cruel to send me here only to see me fail? You know, your servant will always try her best to heed your call but I am left questioning this time. Yes, I am strong, yes I can stand against dragon or horde, I can lead thousands, but you burden me with this task I have yet to reconcile in myself… forgiveness. Is it through this hell your child is going through that I am to learn how to save myself?

She is so lost… Mother… You have chosen to not appear before her and with good reason… she is a shell of the joy she once was. Sometimes I can do so much nothing that it humbles me into silence… she truly hates now… something I know you never wanted to see in your child… the way her body refuses any kind of nourishment, the way she digs into my very soul to harm… she is desperate for attention… even if I could give her two minuets for every one I have it would not be enough time. You would hate me for her poor condition… I had hoped to pull her so much further from her hell than she is right now…

If I only was there… if I only was more stubborn when she asked me to leave… she would not be this way… I know this in my core… but she was so confident, so ready… she needs a protector… always did… why did I listen to her?

Please give her back that smile that out-shone the sun, give her back those eyes that would wonder and marvel at all the good the world had… Give her those hands again that would scribe all the beautiful things that I could never even dream of. Give her back that voice that would hum lazy tunes for hours that let me rest in peace…

Please… please don’t let that spark of joy inside her go out… I couldn’t stand the darkness that would follow………

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases