The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"I can bolster the strength of one of you before you attack, and litter the field with animals to draw their attention and help surround them," Midian offers.

[sblock=OOC]Barkskin and Bull's Strength, and Summon Nature's Ally spells (Not sure if it's better to call a bunch of little critters or one big one., but either way it adds some distractions and possibly damage.)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper smirks...she still hasn't put her mask back on, though she's been wearing the face of a rather plain human woman since her near-death.

"I've been working on something new," she says quietly. "My old arcane blast wasn't powerful enough for these enemies. Let me lead off before you go charging in. My first attack will not be...discriminate. Once it finishes you'll have a decided advantage."

[sblock]Whisper will start off with a Glitterdust to try to blind all of the undead before the others close in to melee range.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"Thanks, Midian. My is a weapon of eldritch energy, not muscle, so just strengthen the arms of Kraken.

Fine Whisper, I will wait for yor attack before charging."

Glaive says to to the others.

[sblock=ooc]
When starting the attack, Glaive uses Baleful Utterance at the undead, targetting their supposed 'Power Crystal' (same effect as the Shatter spell.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC - Give me initiative checks and your surprise round actions when you're ready. Whisper will start at the top if everyone is waiting for her spell to go off.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken mutters "Spirits of our ancestors, guide us and guard us. With our deeds we shall honour you." He looks at the others. "Ready when you are, mates."

He waits until Whisper has cast her spell, then he stands up out of hiding and announces in a strong, clear voice:

"Deadfella walking, go back to the grave.
Deadfella walking, the land of the living is not for you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Bless spell on party.

Initiative 1d20+6=26
Delay until Whisper's spell.

Turning check 1d20+1=4

Bleh! Maximum 1 HD undead affected.

Turning damage
2d6+4=14

Just in case, but doubtful.

Spells prepared for today:
0th level (Save DC 12) – Detect magic, guidance, resistance (x2).
1st level (Save DC 13) – Bless, obscuring mist*, remove fear, sanctuary.
2nd level (Save DC 14) – Lesser restoration, shatter*.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian touches Kraken, and the druid's voice is a series of huffs and snorts. Kraken's body courses with extra strength as Midian finishes his ritual. Once he's finished that, Midian begins a second chant, and the air near the undead begins to waver as if from heat haze.

[sblock=OOC]

Midian's Initiative for attack on zombies (1d20+2=16)

Garuk's Initiative (1d20+2=20) (Free action on Midian's part to set Garuk to Attack)

Holding for Whisper as are the others, since I'm not sure if the sound of casting will call zombie attention.

Casting Bull's Strength on Kraken, then starting his Summon Nature's Ally III spell. I figure all the simians on the ground will already count as distractions, so something hefty seems useful: How about a Dire Wolf [/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral moves along with the party, trying to keep the sphere with the lead attackers. If he attacks or casts a spell he will lose the invisibility for the entire party. Once the party initiates the attack he will cast Greater Mirror Image.

Init
[sblock]
15... Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
When everyone seems ready, Whisper murmurs in the strange and siblant tongue that she uses to cast spells. Tiny motes of light, pale and blue, pour out of her fingertips and start to orbit her hands and body. They collect around her hands though as she raises them...and then stream in a torrent towards the collection of skeletons as she makes a throwing gesture.

The motes burst outwards in a silent explosion, absolutely covering the skeletons and everything around them in gleaming cyan "powder" composed of arcane energy.

"Now," Whisper suggests.

(Glitterdust! Will DC 17 or be blinded! Init 10: Roll Lookup )

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive acts nearly instantly after Whisper's command, just stopping outside of the undeads striking distance before muttering nearly silently a word. No one of the others understand the language, but somehow it sounds 'wrong'.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative (1d20+3=13)
Delay after Whisper

Use 'Shatter' effect: 14

Activated Effects: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Surprise Round
Whispers spell coats the entire area in a cloud of magical particles. Two of the undead shriek and claw wildly at the air around them. Kraken raises his holy symbol high, but his act of piety only seems to enrage them more. Dorel stays close to Midian and Garuk for now, but readies himself to follow Kraken and Glaive into the fray. Glaives word of power strikes the leading undead in the chest. You hear a loud crack as something within it fragments.

Round 1
The creatures recover from the initial attack swiftly. Two of them orient on your party and howl. Their gore soaked arms suddenly glisten with and glow with a sickly green substance. The "goo" on their arms drips to the ground with hissing splatters. The two hurl themselves towards you covering the distance with frightening speed. The other two remain blinded by the dust but they move slowly towards the sounds of their brethren fighting.

Glaive
[SBLOCK]
When the creatures begin their attack you feel a pulse like a heart beat from the crystal shard you carry. It is not as strong as the sensation from the night before, but it is noticeable. The shard seemed to be triggered by something the undead did, more than by their presence. The feeling wanes in intensity after a moment while the fight rages on.
[/SBLOCK]

Surprise round
[SBLOCK]
Glitterdust Will Save (1d20 8=26, 1d20 8=11, 1d20 8=22, 1d20 8=9)
Undead1 Glaive Shatter fort Save (1d20 4=23)
Glaive shatter spell damage (6d6=31) (Save for half=15)

Initiative Order
Whisper
Kraken 26
Midian/Ape 16
Dorel 15
Glaive 13
[/SBLOCK]

Round 1
[SBLOCK]
Undead initiative (1d20 6=26)

Initiative Order
Undead