The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I'd been holding off committing Garuk to see if it mattered to Shayuri how many Protections Whisper was casting. Let's assume he stayed here, I guess, in which case Midian will send Garuk to (hopefully) ambush whatever's comind down the tunnel, and try to concentrate on smashing the crystal for as long as he can.))

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Having nothing else to prepare before the new danger arrives, Glaive utters the dark speech again.

[sblock=ooc]
Use shatter effect vs. the crystal.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"A spell caster. I hate spell casters," Doral says under his breath without noting the irony. He mutters something arcane and points towards the robed figure.

[sblock]
Casting silence at the robed man.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral, Kraken
[SBLOCK]
The enemy grabs at his throat suddenly as your spell takes hold. He struggles for a moment to overcome it, but is unable. Instead he draws a Kris, a wavy bladed dagger, and plunges forward towards you. He stops before reaching the legion of sentinels surrounding you. It looks as if he is waiting for something.
The skeletal canine before Kraken snaps at him, managing to wound his leg. Luckily it misses with its ghostly spines. Kraken shouts in rage and pain, both from the leg wound and the searing heat from his weapon. He chops down with the weapon and manages to sever the beasts head. With another cry of pain, he throws the weapon as far as he can back towards the main chamber. The blade is now glowing with red heat and too hot to hold. You continue your retreat back toward the main chamber. You think that you may reach it in the next few moments (OOC: Next Round)
[/SBLOCK]

Whisper, Glaive, Midian
[SBLOCK]
Glaive's Dark Speech causes the crystal to vibrate once more. Thousands of fine cracks have begun to appear on its surface. You can hear shouting and a cry of pain coming from the direction that Doral and Kraken went down.
You have concerns of your own however, as a massive creature come barreling down the tunnel into the light of your chamber. Midian immediately recognizes it as the vulture creature he saw above the camp. It is a large creature, with a wickedly hooked beak and talons the size of daggers. Red light glows in the empty sockets and the wings are woven with black sinew and stretched leather. The wings are horrifying to look at, as you can see stretched humanoid faces in the leather, identifying the source of the material. Its bones are covered with ugly, tumorous growths that remind you of tiny mushrooms. A faint haziness of the air seems to surround the creature. A large black shard pulses from the center of the creature, protected by the thick avian-like breastbone.

Know. The Planes DC10
[SBLOCK]
You believe the base creature is known as a Vrock, a demon. Known to have many powers in life, you can only guess at what this undead form might still be capable of. The nodules growing on the bones may be a remnant of the feared spores that Vrocks are known to carry. Hopefully death has weakened their potency!
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Roll new initiatives for me.
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"What is this? Zerstörung, Schrecken, Verdammnis, Fäule!" Glaive grasps and centers his dark magic on the new undead thing.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative (1d20+3=22)

Use shatter effect vs. the crystal in vrock chest.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Init: 17

Whisper whirls at this new threat and curses. "I suppose it stands to reason they'd have guardians against this sort of thing," she mutters. "Even so, we may need to regroup to fight this!"

She casts a spell, unleashing another torrent of tiny force missiles at the skeletal creature!

Manyjaws damage: 16
Roll Lookup

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian swears as the new monstrosity appears and Garuk pounces on it.

"How much longer will your protection last, Whisper?" he asks, redirecting his lightning to the more mobile threat. "Maybe we need to try to hold this thing off while Glaive continues shattering the larger crystal?"

[sblock=OOC]Redirecting the lighting this round to the flying nasty.

New Initiative, Midian (1d20+2=12)

New initiative, Garuk (1d20+2=17)

Lightning bolt (add 1/2) (3d6=11) (Total 16)

Since I previously had Garuk move to 'ambush,' I'm hoping that put him already adjacent to the critter, so I rolled a full attack:

full attack, Garuk (1d20+10=26, 1d8+5=6, 1d20+10=14, 1d8+5=12, 1d20+5=18, 1d6+2=6)[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral, Kraken
[SBLOCK]
Flinging your hand over your shoulder, a trio of missiles fly from your wand and strike the figure full in the chest. His mouth opens wide, though no cry of pain can be heard. In return, he flips his dagger up by the handle and flings it at you with an expert throw. The blade strikes your back, piercing you just above your left kidney. The weight of the handle pulls it free leaving a deep gash. Kraken plucks up the blade, glad to have a weapon once more. His falchion is now white hot and waves of heat are flowing from it. He grimaces, but leaves it be for now.
The two of you emerge once more into the main cavern. Midian, Glaive, and Whisper are gathered at the far end and are fending off a massive skeletal beast with wide wings and a vulture-like head.
Behind you, the cultist continues to advance, and from the shadows behind him you can see his companion approaching.

Know. The Planes DC10
[SBLOCK]
You believe the base creature is known as a Vrock, a demon. Known to have many powers in life, you can only guess at what this undead form might still be capable of. The nodules growing on the bones may be a remnant of the feared spores that Vrocks are known to carry. Hopefully death has weakened their potency!
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: You are on the far side of the 100' chamber. The creature is just inside the tunnel 90' away, the rest of the group is slightly closer at 70'. Roll new initiatives to join the others.
You're reunited now, so I'll be posting group messages once more. the climax fast approaches!
[/SBLOCK]

Midian, Glaive, Whisper
[SBLOCK]
On the periphery of your vision you notice two figures hurrying from the tunnel across the chamber. Doral is surrounded by indistinct figures, the effect of some spell you think. Kraken has lost his falchion but is now carrying a wavy-bladed dagger. There is movement farther down the tunnel behind them.

The creature shrieks in rage as Garuk plows into it and pounds with meaty fists. The thick bones of the creature reverberate under the powerful blows, but it is barely slowed by the attack. The air suddenly turns acrid with the smell of ozone as arcs of electricity form directly over the creatures head. A mighty flash of light and clap of thunder follows as the energy arcs from air to ground; passing through the creature. It lets out an ear piercing shriek! Turning, it ducks its head in and tears at Garuk's chest. It's foul talons rake and shred the gorilla. They come apart, Garuk's fists flaked with bits of bone and rock, while the creature's talons drip blood and gore.
Whisper calls out arcane phrases and twists the air around the fiend. Swirling vortices of teeth emerge and rake the creature as it ducks and weaves, trying to avoid them. Glaive cries out and points at the creature. A vibration in the air leaps from his finger and races at the creatures chest. You hear a distinct crack as it strikes through the chest to shake the crystal within. The cloud around the creature thickens, as if the spell shook free some dust from its growths.

OOC: Midian, make a fortitude save for Garuk.
Kraken and Doral have entered the chamber from the far side 70' away from you.
You're reunited now, so I'll be posting group messages once more. the climax fast approaches!
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: I will have a map and hp/status updates posted soon, the kids and teachers have returned to school and I've been inundated with trouble tickets and calls these last two weeks!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases