The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken neatly sidesteps the charging reptile and moves forwards.

"Don't waste your magic on these things," he shouts. His grip tightens on his falchion as he adds, "Save it for the the blighter what's chasing 'em."

[SBLOCK="OOC"]
I'll pass on the AoO and make a 'knights move' forward 3 and right 1 square. Risking a return AoO from the creature to test my theory...
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral swings at the first reptile, surprising himself as his dagger sinks into its flank. He then prepares the ground for the creature that Kraken starts shouting about. "Let's see how strong of a mind your new friend has, Kraken."

Attack of Opportunity and Spell
[sblock]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657936/
Attack=23, Damage=2
Possible critical
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657950/

He will cast mage armor upon himself, then daze monster on the creature about to appear.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
((OOC: Probably should have asked this before, but are we alone in the camp, or are there other crew members around? I'm mostly asking because Midian has a Hide from Animals prepped, but probably wouldn't use it if it only protects the party but not the crew))

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

OOC - They'll still be on the ship for the first night, until a more permanent base camp can be set up.

"If I can tell what it is, I may be able to mask those of us not already masked," Midian calls, running around in an attempt to get a look at what might be after the pack dinos.

[sblock=OOC]Nature's step should mean Midian can ignore any of the undergrowth as concerns restricted movement, so he'll take a double move toward the upper right, steering clear of the running beasties and trying to get a look at / identify whatever's chasing them.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Glaive aims a devastating attack on the creature in front of him. It nearly kills the beast who shrieks in pain and surprise at the attack. It stumbles forward toward him, it's beak snapping in his direction. Dorel's blade cuts a deep gouge down the flank of the dinosaur passing him. The creature shrieks as well, but continues its headlong flight and soon disappears into the darkness. Kraken moves closer to the fire, holding his blade at the ready while trying to pierce the darkness to see what approaches. Whisper remains at the ready to see what might approach. Midian leaves the safety of the fireside to dash into the undergrowth. His ape chuffs loudly and knuckle walks after him.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
You slip through the undergrowth with natural ease. Despite the danger it feels good to be back in a familiar element after the weeks spent at sea. You move quickly, skirting the edge of the dark cloud surrounding Glaive. After a moment you reach the far side of the thicket and peer into the darkness. The light of the fire does not reach this far and the darkness and rain make it difficult to see. You make out two distinct forms in the darkness. You think that the figures are roughly humanoid in shape. They are engaged in rending two squealing dinosaurs that were caught by the edge of the entangle spell.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Wilderness on the Beach Rnd3.jpg
    Wilderness on the Beach Rnd3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid (Barkskin)

Midian quickly reverses course as he realizes these are no natural predators. Running back into the campsite, he calls out, "Whisper, I think you had the right idea the first time! They're at the back edge of my entanglement."

[sblock=OOC]Doubling back to the clear side of the underbrush, hoping whatever these things are going to have to deal with the terrain unlike Midian.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Glaive lets the pebble with the darkness effect fall to the ground and moves to regroup with the rest, after hearing Midian's call.

ooc: vacation announcement in my sig.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases