The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"Looks like, Kraken. I will carry this crystal for us, if no one objects..."
Glaive says to the others.

[sblock=ooc]
May I change Devil's Sight to see the Unseen? My original concept didn't wok well.
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral frowns. "Well, it doesn't seem as if there is anything here for me. I'll just keep the piece of cloth. It's a mystery, and I have a thing for mysteries." He cleans the cloth and pockets it.

Shayuri

First Post
"Right then," Whisper says, leaving the objects with the rest of the 'party gear.' She looks up and around, then goes back to her bedroll.

"Lets hope there's no more ambushes tonight...we may need some way to ensure safer nights. Spellcasting is tiring work."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The remainder of the evening passes uneventfully. The area around you remains quiet, as if the animal life is hesitant to come back. Midian's ape seems restless as well. When the morning arrives so too does the sounds of returning birds and primates. You break your fast on rations and pack up your camp.After checking your bearings once more you continue making your way towards where Dorel saw the smoke.
The day passes slowly as you make your way across the interior. Most of your day is spent crossing two large ridges whose steep faces present a challenge to your climbing skills. Between the ridges is a densely forested region hung heavily with spider webs. You move quickly and quietly through the area before its denizens notice your presence.
The day is waning when you top the second ridge. Your eyes widen as you take in the view before you. Hidden in the folds of land is a large valley teaming with activity. You crouch lower and move under the trees so your profile is not seen highlighted against the sky. The valley before you has been ravaged. Dead trees and brush extend for hundreds of feet, radiating out from a central encampment. You can see several dozen tents set up in ordered lines around the site. Earthen banks and a palisade of sharpened tree trunks ring the edges. It appears as if a massive excavation is underway. Part of the opposite ridge has been scoured and huge chunks of stone have been quarried away. Large sections of the cliff face have been covered in tarps, either to protect it from weather or spying eyes. Whatever it is, it is colossal in size. Humanoids move about the camp, some in armor, some in robes, and a few in rags and chains.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
For several hundred feet in all directions from the camp the forest has died off. Dead trunks and skeletal branches lie closest to the camp while the trees farther out still have leaves just beginning to brown and curl away. It seems to have a definitive edge to the corruption, which leads you to believe that the blight is not natural or the result of a poisoned water supply.
[/SBLOCK]

Dorel
[SBLOCK]
Raising your spyglass you look over the encampment with an expert eye. You can immediately tell that whoever laid out the encampment had some military experience. The tents are in ordered rows and spaced out to prevent a fire in one from spreading to another, yet close enough that an alarm raised from one would rouse the others. The earthen banks, ditches, and palisade are likewise carefully formed to create a formidable defense. You get a closer look at the figures moving about and see that they are mostly human, though here and there you catch sight of dwarven faces. The ones in rags and chains all seem to be human, and likely some of them are the missing ones from Kraken's tribe. You watch them trek up to one of the covered sites and duck underneath. They don't reemerge indicating that there may be further sections underground that you cannot see. Perhaps the most significant sight however, is seeing one of the slaves carrying several long grey bones on a cart towards one of the larger tents.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC - I'll put up a map later when I have more time

Attachments

• encampment 2.jpg
    encampment 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

[sblock=ooc]
Activated Invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding.
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says to the group as he peers through his spyglass, "Looks like we have a sort of military camp down there. Whoever placed the tents and defenses knows what he's about. We would have a tough time assaulting that place even if followed by a small army. There are a number of human slaves in rags and chains, though I think I saw a few dwarves. Some are working inside short tunnels and I also see some large bones being brought to a large tent. Our monster creator might be in there wielding his necromantic powers. If you want, I think I may be able to sneak in and take a better look."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken whistles softly between his teeth.

"That's some operation they've got down there. And I don't like the look of that big tarp. From you what you said, miss, about these deadfellas being more like animated stone bones, reckon they're putting something big together down there.

"Don't reckon we could fight our way through those earthworks, reckon Doral's right and we play it sneaky, eh? I can call up a mist to hide us, but it might look odd unless we did it at dawn or dusk. Dunno if it'll be much use, maybe Miss Whisper can tell us, but I've learned a new chant from the spirits that can break crystal and things like it.

"Also, Doral mate, if you're going down there, I can put a chant on you so that the spirits will keep you from harm, provided you don't start a fight no other bugger will be able to lay a finger on you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Talking about obscuring mist, shatter and sanctuary, in case you hadn't realised.
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post

"That sounds good. I know words that will shatte crystal, too. And just use your mist. I'm used to fight in obscure locations. I don't know if it will be helpful, but I can teleport myself an two others a short distance."

[sblock=ooc]
Baleful Utterance, Blind-Fight, Flee the Scene
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian frowns. "Whatever they've dug up, it's the cause of this blight," he says, "This isn't just contaminated water. It's unnatural. And it's spreading."

The druid stops a moment, laughing to himself. "Guess you were right, Whisper, back when we first left school. Remember that nonsense I thought about how everything was natural? Live and learn, yes?

"As to sneaking, if we just want a scout, I can take an animal form and take a look about. If I choose something they're not likely to be hunting for food, I might be able to move about without drawing attention."

Trying to come up with a reasonable form, Midian's gaze sweeps across the camp, checking to see what wildlife might be prevalent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases