The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
OOC: Do the grates create effective barriers to area of effect? I was going to have Midian drop an Ice Storm into the middle of the room, because I think he can get just about everyone with it, but I need to modify that if it'll also catch the prisoners. I don't think it would, but thought I should double check. The storm is 40ft high, so if the top of the cave is tall enough, I suppose I could exclude the prisoners that way...

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'd give the prisoners partial cover for the grates, which will reduce any damage they might take. The ceiling will be right at the limit of your area effect.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: If no one has any complaints, Doral will start with a zone of silence, center mass to prevent spellcasting but away from us, the party. That means no spell casting for those entering melee. I plan to follow that up with a legion of sentinels or vertigo field depending on everyone's actions.

jkason

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'd give the prisoners partial cover for the grates, which will reduce any damage they might take. The ceiling will be right at the limit of your area effect.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Okay, then between raising the spell high enough that they're technically out of its effect and partial cover, I think they'll be okay, unless anyone objects?

OOC: If no one has any complaints, Doral will start with a zone of silence, center mass to prevent spellcasting but away from us, the party. That means no spell casting for those entering melee. I plan to follow that up with a legion of sentinels or vertigo field depending on everyone's actions.

OOC: The silence shouldn't effect Midian's spell, and if he enters melee, he's unlikely to be casting at that point, so I'm good with it.

Okay, I'll roll damage. Centering spell on the robe in the center of the room I believe gets all of them except the enemy in the bottom left square?

((rolls to follow))

Shayuri

First Post
As the spellcasting starts, Whisper lobs a spell of her own...a by-now familiar one that causes an explosion of sticky magical motes to blanket the area!

(OOC - Adding a Glitterdust to the fray...lemme consult map to determine origin point...)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken waits until the spellcasters have done their work, then charges at the nearest cultist still standing, screaming a silent scream of rage as he does so.

[sblock=OOC]
Charging with falchion and using Powerful Charge.

Potential targets in order of preference. Move down the list if already slain:

F3
C1
D3

(numbering from bottom left of map)

Total damage = 23 if critical succeeds, 14 otherwise.

Falchion attack 1d20+12 =32, Falchion damage 2d4+4 = 10, Powerful charge damage 1d8=4

Critical Confirm 1d20+12 =24, Damage 2d4+4=9
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Surprise Round
Midian steps into the doorway of the tunnel and invokes his spell. A thick cloud of mist envelopes the ceiling. Everyone stops to look up as the mist suddenly freezes solid and drops. There are startled cries of pain as the massive sheet of ice hits the room. Kraken charges forward, his massive falchion whirling in a silver arc that takes off the head of one of the guards. Garuk rushes in behind him and heads towards the nearest robed figure struggling out from under ice shards. Glaive moves into a position where he can engage two of the figures at the same time. Whisper follows behind them and sends a flurry of motes to envelope the figure nearest the crystal. Final Doral enters the room and his quickly spoken spell envelopes part of the room in silence.

Round 1...

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Sorry for the long delay, the holidays and work have kept me busy.

Yes, Glaive still has his silence spell in effect.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Pelvis r1.jpg
    Pelvis r1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 61

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Glaive swings his otherworldly namesake at one of his enemies, threatening both in reach not to do something stupid, like casting a spell...

[sblock=ooc]
Glaive

Eldritch Glaive damage: 5d6 = 12 (last die is acid damage)
Eldritch Glaive attack: 1d20 + 7 = 15 (vs touch)

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads