The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods. "My spells aren't particularly effective against giant rocks," she comments. "I'll help protect them too. That means it's just you and Midian, Glaive. With the spell, you should be perfectly safe. If something goes wrong, I'll be ready to run back in if I hear anything...untoward. In the meantime..."

She casts her protective warding twice, once for each of the warriors who have elected to destroy the crystal....then accompanies the erstwhile slaves outward towards freedom.

(Protection from Evil on 'em.)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken heads out down the tunnel leading the small group of survivors. As they move he casts an appraising eye over them. He notes that a few of them have sores and other signs of mistreatment, but they all seem to be able to walk. At a signal from Midian, Garuk knuckles along after them as they head for the exit.

The rest turn their attention to the crystal.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
If Whisper is going to buff Midian and Glaive with protection from evil, then we can fast forward a bit. I assume they'll keep hitting it with spells until it breaks up.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
[SBLOCK]
If Whisper is going to buff Midian and Glaive with protection from evil, then we can fast forward a bit. I assume they'll keep hitting it with spells until it breaks up.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: That was my plan, yes. He's got 5 bolts left from his current Call Lightning, and his eberron shard lets him recall the spell if he needs to (though hopefully those plus Glaive's shatters will be enough

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral shrugs and leaves with Kraken and the freed people. He takes point and watches for trouble as he ponders the wisdom of splitting the party. Just in case, he casts invisibility upon himself and stays fifty feet ahead of the group.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

After the others left and the remaining group members received the protective magic, Glaive starts to utter vile words that attack the substance of the crystal.

[sblock=ooc]
use shatter-like invocation.

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With the protections in place and the rest of the group now well out of range, Glaive and Midian turn their attention to the last of the strange eberron crystals. They unleash their eldritch and elemental forces on the crystal and fractures rapidly form. Almost at once they "feel" the slippery, probing tendrils of thought from the being trapped within. It tests their shields, seeming to purr in a cat like fashion. On the edges of your thoughts you can sense promises of pleasure, power, and other desires. When the barrage continues and the probing mind finds no opening it quickly turns to rage. The pressure on your minds increases but the being can find no way to enter. As the last shard shatters a glowing light comes forth and takes on a humanoid form. It darts about the room from person to person, pressing itself against them and trying find something alive to cling to. Finally it flings itself with a nearly audible howl of rage at Glaive only to burst and dissipate against his protective shield. At last all is still within the room. After a last survey, you gather your gear and make for the exit.

Outside Kraken, Doral, Garuk, and the former prisoners step out into the bright daylight. The men blink and shield their eyes at the sudden change. They are all talking excitedly, thankful to be free at last. Seeing that the men have little of their own, they organize them and begin searching the barracks. They discover some mismatched sets of clothes for the former sailors and cloth to make into wraps for the natives. After getting dressed the group finds some poles to use as staffs and clubs.

Not long afterwards Glaive, Whisper, and Midian emerge from the tunnels and announce that the deed is done. You gather around to decide what to do next. From what you can discover from the natives and the state of the camp, it seems that the mercenaries and pirates broke camp and took everything they could carry. Most of the cultists remained behind to bicker over the last crystal. The sailors believe that the pirates have ships anchored at the far end of the island and will leave as soon as they are able.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Sorry again for the long delays in posting.
We're nearing the end of what I had prepared for this adventure, and I wanted to ask what you would like to do next.
One option is to setup another adventure if you guys want to continue working with these characters (or new ones).
Another option would be to try something new. I've been playing pathfinder since it came out and just bought The Godsmouth Heresy module, set in the city of Kaer Maga, that I wanted to run as an online game. Another option could be the Rise of the Runelords game (I DM'd that one for my RL group)
Finally, if there isn't much interest in the other two we can retire the game after we're done here.

Let me know what you guys prefer.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Kraken, can your island kinsmen lead the refugees to a local camp until we can make sure the island's clear of enemies, either because we've finished off that ship or we discover it's too far off to destroy?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Two things to consider," Whisper said. "First...there is presently a band of ambushers...including the most powerful spellcasters of the cult...coming back here as fast as their feet can carry them. When they see what's happened here, I am sure they'll want to track us to exact revenge."

"Second, we have a ship too, remember. We need to at least check in with them soon, or they may leave us behind."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I agree with Whisper about the danger still out there. If we must protect the refugees, that is fine. But I do not agree with splitting Kraken off from the rest of our party. We could use his arm."

Remove ads