The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"I agree with Whisper about the danger still out there. If we must protect the refugees, that is fine. But I do not agree with splitting Kraken off from the rest of our party. We could use his arm."

"Agreed," Midian says. "If the natives among the refugees can lead them back to camp, I think we should make haste for our own ship. Once there, we'll be in a better position to track down the others. And if the ambushers are on the way back, I don't want refugees with us; I'd rather we only have to worry about our own skins."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I'll see what I can do," says Kraken. He goes to find Simi and Mpe to check on their condition and to ask them to look after the fugitives.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken moves off to consult with his tribesmen. The group agrees that they should be able to make their way back to the camp. The sailors ask that you return for them with the ship so they won't be left behind.

OOC:
According to your maps Tempest island is about 200miles long. The slopes of the volcano are heavy jungle that thins out a bit towards the far end. The full length could be traveled in just under a week, or less on a forced march.

Around page 32 you learned of an attack on your camp and you had the ship sail away to await your feather token bird message. If you want to return to the ship it is about a 3 day hike through the jungle over the caldera to rendezvous with the ship. Then you have to sail around the island in order to locate their harbor.

The other option is to follow the trail that the retreating mercenaries left to their ship. You don't know how many of them there are, or how long they will take to reach their harbor. The sailors can tell you that they were marched for at least 3 days before being brought to camp. This places their harbor somewhere on the far end.

Somewhere still on the island is at least one of the cultists with four large humanoids and seven canine wulgaru. Along with him is the Horror of the Black Depths, whatever that is, that the cultist claimed could destroy an entire ship.

In addition is the traitor Kevik who was working with Buriss. He was not in the camp nor on the ship when you informed the captain.

I think that's it for loose ends.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Alright, then. That's one group safe. I say we make our best time for our own ship, then. Guarantee that this 'Horror' we heard about hasn't found them and that they haven't given up on us. We should send our message ahead now. I can't send an animal messenger until I know where the ship is myself; but if Kraken can help give directions, I'll be able to send messages to the village once we find the ship, giving them updates."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Ooh, new XP titles!

"Sounds fair to me, mate," says Kraken. "Reckon that ambush'd be headed for your camp, eh? With any luck we'll be able to mop up the rest of these buggers afore they do any more damage."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I am not sure what to do. If we don't track down their party, they might be able to flee by the time we reach our ship and bring it to the other side of the isle. On the other hand, we could probably use the firepower from our ship, so as long as we are getting paid at this point by our employer, I'm fine with going back to our ship." Doral answered with a shrug.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With Kraken's description of the area Midian prepares his animal messenger to carry the message to the village elders. Kraken carefully writes the message to say that they are alive and are returning with some survivors.

At the same time, Doral prepares his own message using his feather token. Holding the feather close to his lips he describes where the ship should be and what it looks like, then sends his own message to arrange a pickup.

With both messages sent, the party gathers up the former prisoners and sets out on the long track back to the village. It takes three whole days to make the return journey. Though the prisoners are on the whole healthy, they haven't had to make long marches in some time. Their spirits remain high despite the aches and pains.

Near sundown on the third day Kraken strides ahead of the group along familiar paths his feet have trod often. He whistles bird calls to the sentries near the outskirts of the camp before striding towards the campfires. At his shouts of greetings the people stream in from all over the camp. There are joyous cries at the happy return of so many thought lost, and sad tears over those now gone. The elders of the camp drape Kraken with fetishes and talismans from their own persons and proclaim him a hero of The People. Everyone is well treated with tribesmen forcing food and gifts upon you. Hurried preparations are made for a feast in your honor.

Despite the glad homecoming, thoughts must turn to urgent business yet undone. Your party gathers to meet with the elders in their hut. Food and drink are brought in abundance while you each take turns describing your adventure. They tell you that the hunters have seen your ship in the area still. It moves in close to the shore during the day and then goes back out to sea in the evening. In the morning they will help you signal them and give you one of the sea canoes to paddle out to them. One of the scouts they sent out spotted a group moving along the shoreline headed north the night you left (6 days ago), but with all the dangers lately they did not get close to them. The scout saw at least 3 humanoids and several wulgaru.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, hjuman druid

"Then they haven't had the sense to run," Midian says. "Good. We can make sure they don't take these monstrosities and the rituals to create them from here."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Yes, but where could they be going. Has anyone been north of here before? Do the villagers know potential locations where the enemy may be based?" Doral asks as he ponders the situation, hand stroking his chin.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Glaive quietly listens as the others are planning. He still isn't sure he would be able to do the right decision.

[sblock=ooc]

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases