The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

(OOC - for some reason I didn't see the little checkmark, so I didn't pay attention to the thread title...in short, I missed this. Sorry! So we're intercepting them via ship, not on foot now?)

OOC: I believe that's the plan, yes

Midian looks up into the rigging, where Garuk has climbed in some desperate bid at regaining his sense of normalcy. The druid looks on sympathetically.

"I promise I won't drag you away from home, Garuk," he assures the beast. "You've saved my life a few times over already, and I couldn't betray that by forcing you back into my world."

He notices Whisper unmasked on the ship deck. His brows furrow, and after glancing up to see that Garuk's found some semblance of calm in his climbing, he moves to her.

"Everything alright, Whisper?" he asks. "Been quite the ride since university, hasn't it? Some days I barely recognize us." He bites his lip a moment as he looks to the changeling. "Shape-changes exempted, of course," he says with a grin.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Doral puts his spyglass down for a moment and considers Kraken with a blank expression. "Sir, if I may. I know it is only my impression, but I take it you would be at home anywhere there is open air and the occasional touch of alcohol."

Kraken turns to Doral and his face splits into a broad grin.

"Yeah, that'd be about right mate!" he says, laughing.

Shayuri

First Post
Midian manages to wring a small smile out of Whisper, and she shakes her head as if berating herself for it.

"It's just been weighing on my mind the past few nights. It was pure chance we stumbled across this. The defenses they had and the subtlety with which they worked...they had every reason to believe they'd finish without serious interruption. And if they had succeeded..."

Her fingers tighten their grip on the railing.

"It would have been bad. Even if this was all there was, even if it's not part of a still larger plot...which I'm not convinced of...it would have been bad. A lot of people would have died."

"It just makes me wonder now...what else is being worked on out there? What dooms are being assembled, slowly and quietly, beneath our notice?"

"I don't like depending on luck," the changeling finally confessed. "It has a bad habit of running out."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

"Perhaps... I hope... there is a higher power that uses us as agents to fight the evil that had corrupted these place. It would be depressing to think we just stumbled into this by mere chance, ...
that luck is the only think that keeps the forces of darkness away."

Glaive finally says.

[sblock=ooc]

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"My parents are much clearer on the workings of the divine hand in our lives," Midian says. "But that's paladins for you.

"I do know that they fear us, though, people like these. They'd not have snuck in during the night to murder our companion had they not. Luck or no, we must be doing something right to bring on such attention. And the more we know, the better we can uncover more like it."

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Paladins eh? That'd be right. Bunch of wowsers always reckon they know what's what," says Kraken, leaning over the rail. "Me, I don't pretend to know fate from a pair of dog's balls, but I tell you this; we asked the spirits for help against the deadfellas, and next day along come you folks."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Your enemies have more fear than we do. We've come from across the water, hunted and slew their patrols, found them in their home base and killed some more, and now follow their flight as to kill some more. We are always right behind, be it day or night, land or sea. You have some fear of being harmed by them. But I wonder whether or not we have become their stuff of nightmares. I will help you kill them all as the pay is good, but I also have my right to feel pity as they are our fellows in matters of flesh and blood."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Your quiet ruminations are interrupted by a cry from the crows nest on the second day. Looking up you see a break in the coastline. A fair-sized harbor enclosed by two reaching arms of the island lies ahead of you. As you draw in closer you see what the watchmen spotted. A sleek ship painted the color of the ocean lies up at anchor. It almost has a predatory look to it, with jagged corners and bits of metal poking out at odd angles. There is a lot of activity on board the boat. It looks like they are nearly prepared to sail.
A camp of nearly a dozen tarpaulin tents covers the shore near it and thin trails of smoke rises from campfires. You can't see anyone on the shore at the moment.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
Your sharp vision spots several siege weapons aboard the ship, grappling lines along the railing, and some kind of metal blade like a scythe along the side your can see.
The water beneath the ship has a vast white bleached look to it, like dead coral. Something seems off about it though, a reef that size shouldn't be all dead like that. It has a strange shape that makes the hair on the back of your neck prickle.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian frowns as he looks.

"I see siege weapons. Some of which I can't even properly identify, but there, below it? It looks like a coral reef, and the color would indicate it was dead, but ... it's off. A reef that large wouldn't just die, and the shape..." he looks to the others.

"I don't think it's a reef. Remember whatever this deep killer was could destroy a ship in the sea. At that size, I could believe something like that has that capacity.

"I can't be sure if they've seen us yet, but if they haven't, we should try to conceal the ship. I might be able to take an aquatic form to scout ahead, though if whatever that is happens to be hungry ... let's just say I might need air support, since I won't want to stay in the water if that is what I think it is."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Nasty," says Kraken. "That ship looks kind of extreme, I don't reckon we'd want to grapple ours to it, eh? And they've got seige, so if we can bombard them from range they can do the same to us. Reckon maybe it's be time for the sneaky approach again, eh?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases