The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian looks upward, muttering under his breath as he raises his arm. His hands move in odd patterns as rumble starts in his throat and is mirrored in the sky above. In what seems to be a fickle turn of the weather, dark clouds roll in over the enemy ship and begin to let loose with a heavy downpour.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken looks approvingly at the foul weather.

"My biggest worry is that thing in the water," he says. "As long as that's around this ship is vulnerable. I say we take it out first..," he scratches his beard, "...somehow."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

Kraken looks approvingly at the foul weather.

"My biggest worry is that thing in the water," he says. "As long as that's around this ship is vulnerable. I say we take it out first..," he scratches his beard, "...somehow."

Midian nods. "Those storm clouds will make my lightning more effective, but I'm afraid it would only be helpful if we could get the creature to breach the surface."

OOC: Call Lightning explicitly says it doesn't work underwater, though I'm not sure if that's meant to apply in the case of something just under the surface?

Shayuri

First Post
"If it's above water, I can hit it with a spell...blind it perhaps, or afflict it with motes. The problem is sea creatures often rely more on sound than sight, and I doubt one mote spell will be enough to destroy it."

The sorceress scowls. "I'm beginning to wish I'd learned summoning."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"If it's above water, I can hit it with a spell...blind it perhaps, or afflict it with motes. The problem is sea creatures often rely more on sound than sight, and I doubt one mote spell will be enough to destroy it."

The sorceress scowls. "I'm beginning to wish I'd learned summoning."

"I can try summoning a shark or two, maybe some octopi to try to help obscure the water," Midian offers. "Though if this thing really can take down a ship without trying, I'm not sure how much trouble they'd give it."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

"At least you have your spells. My options are much more limited."
Glaive comments.

[sblock=ooc]

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Call Lightning explicitly says it doesn't work underwater, though I'm not sure if that's meant to apply in the case of something just under the surface?

OOC:
I'd say that if it was attacking something on the surface at some point an appendage would breach the surface or at least be close enough to be affected.

The ship is now effectively shrouded and moving slowly across the mouth of the bay. The captain quietly calls for the crew to loose the sails in order to proceed more slowly in the poor visibility. You can no longer see the ship from here and cannot tell how close she is to sailing.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"How long until we reach their ship," whispers Doral to the Captain. As he awaits an answer, he casts a spell. "My my... look at what they're doing," he says to no one in particular as he finishes his spell and his eyes cloud over.

OOC: Casting Clairvoyance and taking a look at the goings on the deck of the enemy ship.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The captain responds to Doral, "I can bring the ship in a bit closer but I don't fancy trying to maneuver within the bay. If there is a creature there it could tear us apart if we can't outrun it. I can intercept that ship if she starts moving. If you want to get in close you can take one of the longboats."

Doral
[SBLOCK]
You vision clears and you can see the whole of the enemy ship. Rough looking men and dwarves swarm all over the ship as they load supplies and prepare the rigging to take up the sails. A heavily scarred dwarf dressed in a red and blue uniform argues with a human in a cultist robe. You can't hear the conversation, but it seems heated. The cultist gestures with an arm and you catch a glimpse of metal beneath his robes. His right hand is hidden by a glove though the left is bare. You see a few other robed figures carrying boxes up the gangplank. From the deck of the ship you can see a rapidly dwindling pile of supplies being loaded aboard the ship. You estimate that it will all be loaded within the next hour. You can see several dozen people from here. It looks like all the guards from the camp as well as the sailors are there.
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases