The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral drops the invisibility sphere as he calls out the words of his incantation. Rippling waves of unreality, like heat waves off a desert, envelop several pirates on the far side of the deck. There is a moment of stunned surprise as the crew realizes that they are under attack!

OOC:
Go ahead and roll initiatives and actions for round 1

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Can someone set fire to the deck? With luck we'll either be able to sink it with some of our enemy still below decks, or else they may have to fight the fire instead of us."

Doral casts a spell at the middle of the gang plank and it appears as if a small set of warriors had arisen from nothingness.

OOC: Doral has no offensive spells, so I just cast Legion of Sentinels to harm any reinforcements trying to rush up.

What's the situation on the ship? Anyone in range who doesn't look like a simple crewman? After this spell, I'll be down to only one 3rd level spell, though I'll have others in lower levels.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

At a quick whistle from Midian, Garuk takes one step, then reaches out with his long arms to rip and bite at the nearest crewman. Meanwhile, the sky overhead begins to rumble with thunder as the druid starts calling forth the power of the storm.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative (1d20+2=6)

Garuk has 10' reach, so I think this works: 5' step toward the closer crewman, then full attack (If I'm wrong, then it's just the first claw attack):

Claw;damage;claw;damage;bite;damage (1d20+10=25, 1d8+5=8, 1d20+10=19, 1d8+5=11, 1d20+5=16, 1d6+2=5)

Midian begins casting Call Lightning (full round to cast)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Tee hee...I've been bad. I lost my sheet and it's taken forever to find the thread. Find it I did though, and as soon as I've updated to 7th level, I shall be ready to poast! Should be sometime tonight. Holy cow, I never even finished 6th level. Heee...I got stuck trying to decide which PrC to go for)

(Mr GM, I remember talk of switching to Pathfinder rules...but I can't find the OOC thread now. Are we still doing that? Does it apply immediately, or after this battle or what?)

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
(OOC - Tee hee...I've been bad. I lost my sheet and it's taken forever to find the thread. Find it I did though, and as soon as I've updated to 7th level, I shall be ready to poast! Should be sometime tonight. Holy cow, I never even finished 6th level. Heee...I got stuck trying to decide which PrC to go for)

(Mr GM, I remember talk of switching to Pathfinder rules...but I can't find the OOC thread now. Are we still doing that? Does it apply immediately, or after this battle or what?)

[SBLOCK]
OOC:
Let's apply the pathfinder rules after this battle since that should wrap up the island adventure. We can hash out conversions during your downtime back at the university.

Here is a link to the OOC thread

[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Thanks Selc!)

Whisper quiets the rush of adrenalin that demands hasty action and instead surveys the ship's deck, watching for any signs or sounds of spellcasting. Her own hands fashion the complex gestures necessary to call forth her most devastating spell...but pause just before the final word can be spoken, as she waits for a target.

(Ready action to cast Manyjaws on the first cultist she sees who casts a spell this turn.)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Cries of outrage and surprise ring out around you as the crew realizes that your party has managed to infiltrate their vessel. The cries are repeated somewhere in the bowels of the ship and within moments the entire crew begins to mobilize.

Kraken charges up the sterncastle to assault one of the pirates standing there. Right behind him comes the roaring ape, Garuk. The man drops the barrel he was carrying as the blows rain down on him. Badly wounded he barely has time to draw a saber and swing at Kraken. The blade cuts a jagged wound down the barbarians front.

Doral meanwhile summons a wall of phantasmal constructs to protect the dock and prevent any crewmen on the shore from joining the battle. The other pirates still on the deck move forward carefully through the vertigo field with weapons drawn. Soon they have surrounded the now-visible group.

Round 2...

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'll try to update the map for wednesday. The pirates on the deck double moved this round to get in range of the party.

So far you cannot see any of the leaders, no cultists and no captain.

Pirate attack on Kraken (1d20+5=23, 1d6+1=7)
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Aboard the Ship r2.jpg
    Aboard the Ship r2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Ah, there's the map. Makes it a lot easier to make a move... and hell, Doral is in melee it seems. Crap. Going full defensive this round.

IC: "Well, gentlemen. Looks like we will be testing our steel." Doral gulped and pulled out his magical dagger.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases