The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Silence is still in effect, but he moved out of it the first round when he put his hand out over the water...

OOC: Well damn that cheeky bastard.

IC: Doral uses the darkness to his advantage, taking a step back from the pirate that just attacked him. Since Doral doesn't have a light spell to counteract the darkness, and can't see a target, he casts whelming burst in a cone centered on the man who just attacked him, which will hopefully also catch other enemies.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Can Glaive use his shatter in the general direction the thing the man had thrown (only if there is no chance to affect an ally)? With the target of the spell destroyed, maybe the darkness lifts.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Bloody oath!" mutters Kraken. Blade out in front of him he carefully makes his way to the other side of the ship, or at least, where he remembers it being. He ignores the swaying of the ship as his old sea legs return to him.

[sblock=OOC]
Going to take two move actions at half speed directly eastwards to try to reach the opposite gunwhale. 40 ft. move available in total.

Added a Balance check just in case.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 38/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Vile words erupt from Glaive's mouth. They are bad enough that the actually shatter the physical anchor of the darkness spell!

[sblock=ooc]

standard: shatter on Darkness object (no save)
move: ? (depends on success)

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Cries on confusion and cursing rise up all around you as the pirates struggle to find targets in the blackness. Midian attempts to unravel the magical effect but the cultists power is too strong for him. Doral blindly unleashes a cone of rippling energy in front of him in hopes of stopping any of his foes from advancing. In the darkness, Glaive's words of the abyss somehow seem to ring louder and more ominously. With a loud CRACK the stone shatters, along with part of the deck, and the darkness dissipates. Kraken no longer stands near your side but rather is standing close to the opposite rail seeking his target. The cultists stands a few feet away, grabbing for the components for another spell!

Edit:
Four of the pirates directly in Dorals cone are stricken by the mental assault. They stagger back, but recover and renew their assault. Coupled with the vertigo field still affecting them, three of the pirates miss as they try to strike him down. The closest one however snarls and swings his curved blade in a deadly arc. It cuts through Doral's defenses and scores a bloody wound on his stomach. Another pirate slashes at Midian and cuts him deeply again. Behind him the captain has worked himself into a rage and is trying to force his way past his crewman to get at the druid.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I loaned out my flash drive that has my .psd files to update the map. I will get that back and update it soon. It also has the info for beguiler spells, so I will look up the effects for whelming burst and the saves when I get that back too.

Update: Got my drive back, so posting the map add on. Doral took another 8 points of damage and Midian has taken another 6 (36 total so far).
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Waiting for a map, really, but hopefully Kraken is in a position where he can charge the caster. Since he can cover 80 ft., distance shouldn't be an issue, but I want a straight line!

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Map Update

OOC: Map update

Attachments

• Aboard the Ship r5.jpg
    Aboard the Ship r5.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 67

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Is the Manyjaws still active on the spellcaster? I sort of forgot about it, I think. If so, it does 6d6 damage.)

The darkness lifted, Whisper whirls about and hurls a spell to the north! It erupts into a plume of blinding little "firefly" motes of magical force that swirl in a storm around the pirates, blinding and outlining them!

(glitterdust 1 sq north of the center pirate. If I read the grid correctly, its 10' radius should then get all 6 pirates to our north. Will save DC...17, I think, to avoid blindness. Bah, must look at sheet to be sure...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases